Replacement seat for my 135D??

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #1  

gbart14

Tractor
Yanmar 135D
I need to replace the seat on my 71 Yanmar 135D. Are there any original style replacements or what would you suggest? 20170604_140703.jpg20170604_140722.jpg

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #2  
Hoye probably has the chineese replacement seats for them?

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #3  
There's one model seat everybody including Hoye and Ebay have for a reasonable price. But in my experience that seat crowds you too close to the steering wheel - and I'm not very tall. On a tiny Yanmar (my first YM186D) it was a real nuisance, so tight it was difficult to dismount.

Now on my second YM186D, the one I found with a loader, I retained the original Yanmar seat even though it was bare metal. I had to weld some minor cracks, now a couple of years later it has held up fine. I glued in a layer of foam mat plus have a removable cushion on top of that. I like this better than that 'universal' replacement seat, there's considerably more space measured from the steering wheel to the seatback.

I just noticed your photos. Is that seat original? It looks considerably more spacious than that universal replacement seat. If you like it, take it to an auto upholstery shop and get it recovered.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #4  
I managed to get one that has the slide on it for adjustment on my YM14.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #5  
That is interesting California, I have that same "universal" one that everyone has. I would like if I could move back some from the wheel. But this is all I have known and I guess closer to the wheel gives me more leverage on the steering wheel.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D??
California, thanks for your input. I am pretty sure based on the look of it and the pouch on the back of the seat back that it is original, remarkable as it seems. If I cannot find something close, I will do the reupholster route. Would be great to find something like it, though.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D??
Mine sits pretty well back. The seat back is fairly thin. I am fairly big guy and have plenty of room to get on and off. The seat bottom is loose with broken plywood that was part of the seat and needs to be redone. I'll post some pics of the structure under the seat later today. If I had to replace it completely, I would want to get something adjustable like Neat 1500 has. Say, Neat 1500 don't you guys need a seat belt to keep from falling out because you are all upside down -
yes?? Hah!! :) Thanks, everyone.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #8  
FWIW...20 plus years ago the seat on my 187D broke... I went down to my local boat dealer and bought a "BIG MANS' boat seat. Installed it easily and it's still on my 'little mule'. Pure comfort. Geo

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #9  
20 plus years ago the seat on my 187D broke... I went down to my local boat dealer and bought a "BIG MANS' boat seat. Installed it easily and it's still on my 'little mule'. Pure comfort.
This sounds like the best solution of all.

/ Replacement seat for my 135D?? #10  
I am pretty sure that is not an OEM Yanmar seat.