Replacement suspension seat for L4200?

/ Replacement suspension seat for L4200? #1  

npaden

Platinum Member
Tractor
2011 LS U5030C
Okay, My seat has always been broken but it is pretty much gone now. I would probably be better off bolting something directly to the floorboard than the broken mess I have now.

I've put it off for a long time because just the suspension base (that's what's broken) is $275 from a discounted online Kubota parts dealer.

I picked up a universal suspension seat from Tractor supply for $100 today and it is light years ahead of the stock Kubota seat even it it wasn't broken. The bad thing is that the universal suspension seat ends up sitting 10" off the floor of the tractor so I'm hitting my head on the canopy and have to squeeze in and out of the seat even with the steering wheel tilted all the way forward.

Here's the seat that I bought:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/agricu...s/farm-tractor-replacement-seat-black-0278205

0278205.jpg

I've been looking for something similar but with only about 5 or 6 inches from the floor to the top of the seat without any luck.

Anyone replaced the entire seat assembly on an L4200 or similar tractor with anything other than the stock parts?

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited:
   / Replacement suspension seat for L4200?
Thanks for the tip. Looks like this one should work.

TRACTOR SEAT UNIVERSAL BLACK - Agri Supply

40603.jpg

It says the height from the baseplate to the bottom of the seat is 4". The one from tractor supply is 9" and the stock seat is 5".

Probably not as good of a suspension as the tractor supply one, but there is ZERO suspension on my current seat, it just slams down onto the deck of the tractor when I hit a bump. Also it is $80 vs. $275 for just the base of the stock seat. I think I should be able to make it work.

Thanks, Nathan

/ Replacement suspension seat for L4200? #4  
I put this in my L4200 a long time ago, it is a reclining Deluxe Kubota seat I found on Ebay... But I did need to mount it to the stock suspension base that came on the original seat.

It is toooooo comfortable I love it. KennyV

Attachments

• P1010033.jpg
    P1010033.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 494
I went out and took pictures and measured them last night.

tractor_seat_comparison.jpg

The stock seat and suspension are on the left, the tractor supply one is on the right.

Doesn't look like much difference, but it is enough to make a difference. I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on the agrisupply seat unless someone else has an option.

Thanks, Nathan

/ Replacement suspension seat for L4200? #6  
I put this in my L4200 a long time ago, it is a reclining Deluxe Kubota seat I found on Ebay... But I did need to mount it to the stock suspension base that came on the original seat.

It is toooooo comfortable I love it. KennyV

Can't beat those seats; tried the aftermarket ones and couldn't find a comfortable one.

Well I went ahead and placed the order from Agri Supply so I should have the seat by the weekend hopefully.

Anything is going to be a HUGE improvement over what I had.

I got the seat in from Agri Supply and after about 2 hours of grunting, drilling and some creative thinking I got it installed.

Here's a picture of the bottom of the stock seat. I didn't do anything to bust it up or anything, just set it on the floor and you can see how bad of shape it was. I had pieced it back together before and it stayed for a while, but it was pretty much beyond repair now. I may hold onto it and practice my non existent welding skills on it sometime as there is a metal bar that is broken and missing that holds the suspension parts in place.

tractor_old_seat2.jpg

Here's the new replacement seat installed.

tractor_new_seat.jpg

It is still a little bit higher than the factory seat when it is all said and done. I think it will work though. I have to mow the yard this weekend so I should find out for sure pretty quick. It will be interesting to see how much different it rides when there is actually a suspension in the seat vs. in the past when every bump I hit went straight up my spine.

If I don't update this thread that means that everything turned out good!

/ Replacement suspension seat for L4200? #10  
That looks like it might work on our IH 574. Good Job!