Replacing another Wheel Motor.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #21  
Is a not P/T owner allowed to speak?:D
Can't you get a "rebuild- seal kit" for these motors? I've never done it but it looks like a pretty simple gear motor that I have have rebuilt in an excavator.
Barry I've been up in Shannondale believe it or not.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #22  
Anybody able to describe the baffles? Does anybody know their purpose?

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #23  
As I see it, the baffles help prevent "short circuits" within the tank which will keep your fluid cooler, help reduce sloshing, help particles settle, and help prevent air bubbles from being sucked into a pump.

Ken

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #24  
Here's a picture

HydraulicTank_2754.jpg

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #26  
Thanks. That helps.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #27  
Fellas... the baffles are the tunnel for your hoses to pass through to the front half of the machine..... and the others might just be structural. I'll have to take my cover off and look.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #28  
Sorry, Moss, mine also has a baffle at the returns - labeled in the first picture - if you look, there is a gap behind it. The tunnel is also labeled and will act somewhat as a baffle.

More visible in this picture: IMG_2732-small.jpg

Ken

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor.
All this info is starting to get interesting... I bought this machine with a little over 600 hours on it. I have not even put 30 working hours on it yet . Because I wanted to make sure everything was in good working order and checked out before I started using it heavily...

It is an old 95 model that sat outside under an overhang. But it was out of the rain and snow. The PT had one owner and he swears these were the original hours. And by the way the Kohler runs, I believe him. After reading all of the complaints on here concerning the Robin. Figured as a base machine with a good running Kohler and for half the price of a new one I would fix it up and put it to use.

I've been slow to get on the upgrades or extended maintenance. Just doing the obvious fixes up until now. To many other home improvements and life in general going on. It has been used sparingly for lifting or moving heavy objects causal snow removal and tucked away safely in the garage.

After I bringing it home I started noticing a slight vibration when going up hill. I thought maybe the Love-joy connector was out of alignment. But never saw any shavings or wear / wobble when the machine was running .. Now after having it up on blocks and turning the opposite wheel motor I see it was this wheel causing the vibration. I do have a service training manual I just dug up with all of my other information.

Guess the quickest way was to bring the topic up here and watch you guys debate... Helps me bring things into perspective quicker, So thanks for your help. Won't be using the PT until I feel most of the bad oil is filtered out of machine. For now the plan is to take the old motor off look inside check the oil in the motor. See if I can see any debris that's noticeable to the eye.

Maybe after changing out the motor place a few magnets around the tank and run it around the yard maybe 3 hours total. Then change out the all of the oil. Here is a picture of the wheel motor circuit from my manual ... Will ask Terry while ordering the new motor and see if there is a smarter way to circulate out the debris then change the oil and filter. Guess in the end you pay for it one way or another ..

Attachments

• IMG_7634.JPG
    IMG_7634.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
   / Replacing another Wheel Motor.
Is a not P/T owner allowed to speak?:D
Can't you get a "rebuild- seal kit" for these motors? I've never done it but it looks like a pretty simple gear motor that I have have rebuilt in an excavator.
Barry I've been up in Shannondale believe it or not.
Rustyiron speaking for myself .. Any input is always helpful / welcome . From Maine to Shannondale WV it's a small world .. ;>)