Replacing Drive Belt on Toro Z153 Commercial ZTR

/ Replacing Drive Belt on Toro Z153 Commercial ZTR #1  

jpaeye

Tractor
Kubota L5740 and New Holland TC33D
Drive belt on my 2002 Toro Z153 23HP Kohler motor with 52" deck shredded. Bought the belt to be replaced last night and started work this AM. Removed deck drive belt to get at the pump drive belt and found that I also needed to remove a bracket/idler arm for the main drive/PTO pulley as well as the wiring harness to the PTO pulley. Kinda crazy to have to remove/move all of this just to replace a pump drive belt.

Problem is there is an electrical "quick connector" that I cannot separate. There is no tab to depress to release the two halves. I can wiggle the male end and it moves about 1-2mm but will not separate. Have tried pulling it apart with my fingers, pliers, etc.

Hate these connectors, no two are ever the same. Frustrating because I can do this repair only if I can separate the 2 ends of this quick connect ( a misnomer--there is nothing quick about getting these things apart, maybe quick putting them together).

Just wondering if anyone has prior experience? Appreciate any and all thoughts. Plan to call dealer but they are closed until Tuesday.