Replacing Existing Receiver Hitch

/ Replacing Existing Receiver Hitch #11  
Mike, I did the Titan using the knees/floor jack method.

Diamondpilots method will work by just removing the ball from a ball carrier and a using a bolt. Nice.

I believe you have the same truck as I do. The mounting instructions were not completely accurate for the Titan, but didn't take too much to figure out. The lower models made by this company (3 or 4 brands) may have similar errors. The Titan is a LOT heavier than the GM hitch (which isn't a class V, nor does the Titan attach to the middle of the bumper). The factory GM hitch is a toy compared to the Titan.

You will need the after market electric plug and special bracket for it, as the standard GM version twists into a GM unique bracket on the factory hitch. The wiring harness side of the connector is the same as used by Ford and Nissan too, and is not too hard to find. The special bracket is a little larger than the standard 7 pole after market bracket. You can modify a new connector to fit the standard 7 pole bracket, but why not order the correct one for about the same money?

Southwest wheel offers a tractorbynet 5% discount, and etrailers offers a lowest price match. Both are easy to work with.

/ Replacing Existing Receiver Hitch #12  
Titan is a LOT heavier than the GM hitch (which isn't a class V, nor does the Titan attach to the middle of the bumper). The factory GM hitch is a toy compared to the Titan.
If you are comparing the new style that connect to the bumper also than yes it the Titan is alot heavier. However 10yrs ago and the one supplied with my van attaches exactly like the Titan and was constructed very similar. Only diff is the tubing is upsized 1/2" to accept 2 1/2 receiver. Thats about the only real difference. However the plate that caps the ends and bolts to the truck on the Titan is flat steel. The OEM Valley rolled the angled edge all the way about 20" worth to give that flat steel rigidity. I would have liked to see that on the Titan.
IMO they tried to get fancy with the new hitches (ones that tie to the bumper also) so they were somewhat hidden. The older tougher ones just hung down in the open air. Another case of form before function.

/ Replacing Existing Receiver Hitch #13  
When I put the hitch on my van, I used a forklift to hold it.... doesn't help does it.

I think the above mentioned straps and jack method work fine. Also wedging it in place w/ a block of wood also works.