Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425 #11  
Mine is a 2003 model. Trying to find my paperwork on the purchase of the new engine, got it from Small Engine Warehouse and I'm pretty sure it is the EFI engine.
PJ

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425
Would appreciate anything you find. You are located about 500 miles directly east of me. You get a little colder but we have many of the same weather patterns. Have you had any additional trouble after the engine replacement?

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425 #13  
Still looking for the paperwork, filed in a place I would not lose it.
Both engines have worked very well for me. If you look at the posting that I did WHY I BOUGHT A 425 that will show you some of the reasons I ended up buying another engine. I really worked the 425 far beyond what it was meant for.
Our weather has not been bad the past 10 years with each winter going down to minus 15 to 20 degrees and the high into the low 90 degrees. Our elevation is 4600 and we average 9 out of 10 days of sunshine. Any temperature above zero is great weather that I can wear a light jacket if the sun is out.
For starting the 425 I do have Mobil 1 in the engine and a block heater on the fluid tank. Not sure if either help that much but having the throttle settings prior to starting does help. I have the throttle at half and choke at 3/4 for the first couple of cranks and then back off. Will go to full choke and then back off after first few cranks if 3/4 choke does not start right off. The only times I had starting problems is when my throttle settings are incorrect and it will flood. Once started I back off on the choke to zero and let idle while I hand shovel the deck area. By the time I get done the fluid is warming up and I can start plowing.
Summer starting at 90 degrees (that is hot due to elevation) can cause some problems. Usually no choke and very little throttle.
I do love my Kohler engine.
PJ

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425 #14  
Pajoub, I am a MSU Grad. I do miss Bozeman very much, and haven't been back for at least 15 years. No one ever got that zero with the sun out is a good work day. I remember a negative 50 when I was in school. Doors frozen shut, cars completely locked up.... The folks sold the farm a few years ago outside of Cody, WY and now the reasons to go home are too few to get past the wife.

Just saying I am jealous is all.

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425 #15  
Yes, this is a great place. Best drinking water and cheap, good weather, close to Yellowstone National Park, Best hiking, skiing, four seasons, dry, what more can one ask for.
Now that I知 retired and thinking of moving south to a 55 and older community with activities I have to consider what I am leaving.
PJ

/ Replacing Kohler Command in PT 425 #16  
My parents did it. But they only made it to Eugene. My wifes family is now looking at pulling up roots to Arizona. They had been snowbirding (which if you can, wow, cool life). Get a motorhome, winter in Arizona or mexico, or florida or anywhere with a ton of BLM land. Rent Free on BLM. Just have to move once every 30 days or something like crazy like that.