Replacment FEL Joystick cables?

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables? #1  

Tymanthius

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3135
I apparently managed to pop the boom up/down cable from my joystick to the manifold on LS XG3135 FEL.

Dealer is saying the cable is ~$85.

Anyone know of a better price?

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables? #2  
Can the cable be repaired? Havent looked at prices yet, but that seems a bit much for a cable.

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables? #4  
I apparently managed to pop the boom up/down cable from my joystick to the manifold on LS XG3135 FEL.

Dealer is saying the cable is ~$85.

Anyone know of a better price?

That is a relative bargain! A replacement cable for my John Deere show thrower discharge cap was $140!! I replaced it with a liner actuator.

Seriously, I doubt you will find one cheaper.

Last edited:
   / Replacment FEL Joystick cables?
That is a relative bargain! A replacement cable for my John Deere show thrower discharge cap was $165!! I replaced it with a liner actuator.

Seriously, I doubt you will find one cheaper.

Thanks for the info.

Any details on your replacement job? Does it work better, or lower failure rater, or what?

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables? #6  
It's fully encased, so it's probably beyond my skill to repair it. But replacement is fairly easy.

Mine isn't exactly like this, but close enough.

Pretty sure yours is not a Nimco or Indemor joystick. Doesn't your cable end thread into the joystick and have a jam nut?

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables?
Pretty sure yours is not a Nimco or Indemor joystick. Doesn't your cable end thread into the joystick and have a jam nut?

No, it's not a Nimco. Yes, that describes it well.

/ Replacment FEL Joystick cables? #8  
Thanks for the info.

Any details on your replacement job? Does it work better, or lower failure rater, or what?

I documented the conversion here

The only down side is the liner actuator is on the slow side.