Repository of tractoring excuses

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #1  

john_bud

Not that any of us would ever do something silly with a tractor that resulted in needing an excuse, but we may know "a freind" that might have messed up ;).

Here's a "hypothetical situation" that never happened to me, ever, honest. :rolleyes: So let's say you are using the tractor w backblade to clear the driveway and the path to the tractor shed. And.... hypothetically.... you scraped all the snow off the ground AND all the grass / soil off too leaving a broad bare brown gash. :eek:
Excuse #1 - oh that? I'm smoothing out the rough spots so it's not so hard on my back when mowing.
Excuse #2 - I'm getting that weedy spot ready to reseed with quality grass in the spring.

Anyone else have a hypothetical situation and ready excuse to share?

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #2  
If I told you why, I'd have to kill you.

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #3  
Honey.....there was a mole infestation under that section of lawn, it is best to get it out before the spring !

Honey..... yes the electricty bill is higher, I think it is because I plugged your car in many more times this winter. (meanwhile the tractor was plugged in not the car)

Honey.....the garage door was warping, I tried bending it straight with the bucket.

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #4  
Honey, I'd really love to go to that baby shower with you, but the FEL needs greasin' ... it's been more than 10 hours!

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #5  
Darn it. Wawajake beat me to the mole excuse.

How about, "I needed to remove the grass and get to bare ground because otherwise the oil delivery man might slip and fall and sue us for injuries while filling the tank?"

/ Repository of tractoring excuses
Good ones. I especially made note of the garage door excuse..... uh.... for my "friend". ;)

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #7  
I have a lot of rocks to rake up.

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #8  
Well dear, if you had let me buy the proper attachment, this never would have happened!!!! :) :) :)

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #9  
Expanding on kebo's - if you had let me buy the expensive heavy duty one in the first place we wouldn't have that pile of scrap to take care of after we get home with the HD one we should have bought.

/ Repository of tractoring excuses #10  
How about, "I just wanted to see if the deck would hold itself up without a corner post".