Rescued a dog tonight.

/ Rescued a dog tonight.
Sorry I never did get a picture of the dog though there are some on Facebook but I don't "do" Facebook. Anyway, we recieved an email that the dog was rescued by a family in Maine. They were given my wife's email just in case they wanted to make some contact but she has not heard back. Nothing like a happy ending.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #52  
I found my dog that way. Passed him on my home from work. When I got home it bothered me to the point I returned to where he was......same thing as the dog in this original post, standing by waiting for the return of his owner. It was clear to me he had been placed there. He is a pit bull terrier. Shaking from fear. I had been under the impression these dogs were natural born killers based on the way the media describes them so I was reticent in taking him. He did raise his lip to me and gave me a slight growl....so again, I am thinking this is going to end badly. Despite my instincts, I went back home and retirived some peanut butter and old dog biscuits I never through out when my other dog had to be put down about a year before. So I put some peanut butter on the bisguit and vola, he was happy as could be. Tail wagged, rubbed up against me and let me pet him. That was ten years ago. He is by far the most loyal animal I have ever had.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #53  
Great Thread!

God Bless All of you!

My new buddy (in my avatar) is a rescue from the shelter. Rhett is a good boy too...

David

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #54  
Super job rescuing that dog! I also don't understand how anyone could dump a dog or not contain it their yard for that matter. Either can lead to a bad ending for an animal trusting its human.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #55  
Thank you for doing that, dogs have a special place in my heart!
DevilDog

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #56  
No thanks necessary gang but I appreciate it. I could go on for hours about the funny antics of this dog. I knick named him Goof. I 'm sure you can imagine why. At 70 lbs, he thinks he's a lap dog. We go for a long walk every day and I can just tell he's a happy boy.

/ Rescued a dog tonight.
Finally got some pictures. Not sure if these were taken at the foster home or his new home but he looks like a happy boy to me.

/ Rescued a dog tonight. #58  
Finally got some pictures. Not sure if these were taken at the foster home or his new home but he looks like a happy boy to me.

He sure does look happy! Nice job!