Researching Yanmar Tractor Serial Numbers

/ Researching Yanmar Tractor Serial Numbers
OK.. an update on this.. i've checked over all s/n, they seem to check out, the chassis s/n is something like 1601d-1606 ( would this indicate that i have th 1606 copy of this machine? ) if so, how old might it be? seems like an original run maybe...

Other data I"ve collected is an oil report. The report came back very positive. If the engine has been rebuilt, it has gone thru a valid break-in period and is exhibiting normal to good break-in signs...

so, what else could I do to discern the heritage of the tractor? is it worth contacting YM about ? Thanx...

/ Researching Yanmar Tractor Serial Numbers #12  
arthr31 said:
is it worth contacting YM about ? Thanx...

If you contacted Yanmar about it, you would have to contact Yanmar Japan. Yanmar America doesn't have anything to do with the grey market models.

/ Researching Yanmar Tractor Serial Numbers #13  
arthr31 said:
OK.. an update on this.. i've checked over all s/n, they seem to check out, the chassis s/n is something like 1601d-1606 ( would this indicate that i have th 1606 copy of this machine? ) if so, how old might it be? seems like an original run maybe...

Other data I"ve collected is an oil report. The report came back very positive. If the engine has been rebuilt, it has gone thru a valid break-in period and is exhibiting normal to good break-in signs...

so, what else could I do to discern the heritage of the tractor? is it worth contacting YM about ? Thanx...

You are attempting to over-analyze a gray market tractor. The only thing serial #'s will tell you is that you can assume a higher # was built after a lower #. Yanmar certainly will never give you the time of day.

/ Researching Yanmar Tractor Serial Numbers
Yes, i don't think they'd give me much attention. However, the original intent was to discern the overall integrity of the unit. The couple of fluid analysis' i've run have given me more detail / information than S/Ns would.

Does anyone know approximately how many 1601(d)s were ever produced? The S/N has 6 number slots. With that said, could there possibly be hundreds of thousands of this particular model? I'm just curious...

normde2001 said:
You are attempting to over-analyze a gray market tractor. The only thing serial #'s will tell you is that you can assume a higher # was built after a lower #. Yanmar certainly will never give you the time of day.