Results of JD 4300 after 4 months

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months #1  

luther

Tractor
JD 4300
It has been exactly 4 months since I have received my new JD 4300 with 430 loader, JD 513 cutter, 550 JD tiller, Land Pride box blade, and Land Pride post hole digger. I have 13 acres of farm and prairie land that is rough and has more weeds and vegetation than a Columbian forest. Well, to start off let me state that I have NO problems whatsoever with the JD 4300. In fact it has been more of a workhorse than I thought it could have done. I have read so many complaints about JD 4000 series tractors that I was a bit paranoid about using it. I believe that a lot owners are not reading their owners manual's to torque wheels and just to do the proper maintenance that needs to be done on the tractors in the first 10 hours of operation. I have used the tractor to cut all 13 acres, put a base cut in for a foundation for a workshop, drilled out 55 post holes for fencing, and I have tilled enough around our new home to put down seed for a life time. I have nothing but good to say about this JD 4300 HST tractor and it's equipment and hope it continues to give me the same service that it has for the last 4 months!

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months #2  
Luther, You and I may have gotten the only two good ones. Like you, after reading all the negative posts I kept waiting for something to go wrong. It hasn't, yet. I have been trouble free since March 24th and have worked it fairly hard for over 80 hours now. I saw a post the other day that said they fall apart at 100 hours so I am going to make sure I do the really critical stuff the next 20 hours just in case. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months
Eddie, Well I guess I broke that mold as I have 122 hours on it with no problems. My neighbor bought a brand new NH 33D and it has been back 3 times for the HST. The dealer told him they have had problems with those HST's on the NH 25D or bigger. In fact he just borrowed my JD a couple nights ago to cut his front. I sincerely feel for him, but I still just smiled!

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months #4  
I have also broken that mold. Have had my JD 4300 since last November and have put just over 200 hours on it. It is my first tractor and I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of work that it will do. Have a FEL and backhoe on it and have been working on a 1000' driveway and clearing a spot for a new house. Must confess that the 47 backhoe had a problem with a couple of hydraulic hoses but the dealer has been very responsive and worked on it during the week so I could have my tractor on the weekend. The tractor itself has performed flawlessly.

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months #5  
I have a JD 990 MFWD and so far it has been doing a good job.Also have the 613 cutter and it also is doing a good job.Bill

/ Results of JD 4300 after 4 months #6  
I'm not sure that the 790/990 tractors aren't kind of like the Maytag repairman. They get no recognition because they just work with no problems. They don't have all the fancy features, just keep on working.