Retiring this week

/ Retiring this week #21  
Congrats Bill :thumbsup:, I retired 01 jan 2012 and have not regretted it yet...Aviation all those years. General Aviation, Contract Maint. at Topgun on the Mig 28's(F5E's) and 24 yrs Airline. Now trying to do all I wanted to do and never could. May have to find a job to find the time to get stuff done. :D
Enjoy your retirement.:drink:

/ Retiring this week #22  
Retiring this week. 28 years. Hope to tinker around with some equipment and tractors, read this site more than I do now. Can learn a lot from the people on here.
Bill

Congrats on your retirement. Keep posting and when you tinker, post photos:thumbsup:

/ Retiring this week #23  
Congratulations on making it, Bill. Now you just gotta stay busy on your terms.

/ Retiring this week #24  
congrats Bill i hope you enjoy your retirement for many years to come :D:D:D

/ Retiring this week #25  
Congratulations on your retirement.:thumbsup:

/ Retiring this week #26  
Congrats and hope you can now get all those postponed jobs done. I have retired twice last year and my company keeps coaxing me back for "just a couple of months" I retired in June and they called me up needing me badly on a job in Wyoming so I go up there for 5 weeks as temp while they find a permanent manager. I got home Aug 22 and along the end of Dec they call again, Would you go to Algeria for a couple of months, we have a big problem with welding procedures and some documentation issue from contractors that are finishing up and dont have there prelim documents approved that should have been done before start of construction. Wont take but a couple months. I got here Jan 18th after spending Jan 5th till 16th in Houston on prep work. Still here but light at the end of the tunnel is now in sight. I'm not even going to say never again. The good thing about the job is that I made enough money to buy another tractor and heavy equipment trailer to haul it on. NOW I just have to get home to pick them all up as they are scattered from Houston (trailer) to Jennings La. (B26 TLB). I dont know what else I can buy right now so next 30 days are going to be boring.
Anyway I hope you enjoy YOUR retirement. Even after 41 years with this company they still wont forget me. Deputy Director asked me if I would be interested in going to Australia to work which I politely declined.

/ Retiring this week #27  
Congrats!
I heard that some have a hard time with retirement. I do not have that problem after over 39 years at Ford.
You'll Love it! Enjoy and wish you a very long retirement.

/ Retiring this week #28  
Sounds like you can write your own check. Lots of toys yet to be bought......

Congrats and hope you can now get all those postponed jobs done. I have retired twice last year and my company keeps coaxing me back for "just a couple of months" I retired in June and they called me up needing me badly on a job in Wyoming so I go up there for 5 weeks as temp while they find a permanent manager. I got home Aug 22 and along the end of Dec they call again, Would you go to Algeria for a couple of months, we have a big problem with welding procedures and some documentation issue from contractors that are finishing up and dont have there prelim documents approved that should have been done before start of construction. Wont take but a couple months. I got here Jan 18th after spending Jan 5th till 16th in Houston on prep work. Still here but light at the end of the tunnel is now in sight. I'm not even going to say never again. The good thing about the job is that I made enough money to buy another tractor and heavy equipment trailer to haul it on. NOW I just have to get home to pick them all up as they are scattered from Houston (trailer) to Jennings La. (B26 TLB). I dont know what else I can buy right now so next 30 days are going to be boring.
Anyway I hope you enjoy YOUR retirement. Even after 41 years with this company they still wont forget me. Deputy Director asked me if I would be interested in going to Australia to work which I politely declined.

/ Retiring this week
Wow, Thanks for all the congratulations. My son is 9 so we plan on having alot of fun running around fishing, shooting, and other work activities along with our tractor work. I am 57, so I won't start SS for several more years. To bad my wife is younger and is going to work a few more years. :thumbsup:

/ Retiring this week #30  
Congratulations Bill! I have just over 1 1/2 years, left. I am ready, now!

I don't think most of the people on this forum would have problems of not finding enough to do. There's a whole world out there!
Here's what I think retirement feels like:
Where the Hell is Matt? on Vimeo