Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #1  

Mal AC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Allis Charlmers 616, Simplicity 3410, Cub Cadet 1605, Allis Chalmers 310
I am going to make a tool box/tool cart that i can tow around with my lawn mowers. I found two old metal desk drawers that i am going to bolt together and put drawers in one side for small tools and a door on the other side for a portable air tank and any tools that dont fit in the drawers. Then i am going to take a metal pipe and put bolts on the ends of a pipe to put wheels on it. Then i am going to buy some paint from Tractor Supply and paint it and get a sheet of plywood for a desk top to work on. I will post pictures when its done and I figure out how to.

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #2  
Hmm -- not my project, but what about an old government metal desk and mount it on a sheet of plywood, then a door where your legs would have gone for the larger stuff. Mount an old modest vice on it. Put a simple 2x4 frame for the tongue to the axle, mount your wheels. Easier?

Then get an old folding cover for a picnic table and a couple of conduit clamps. Don't forget the cooler!

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers
I am just about done. I just got done painting it orange. I have to put the sheet of plywood on and put the wheels back on and I will post pictures.

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #4  
Looking forward to seeing pics of yours...

One time I made an awesome workbench in the garage from a set of waterbed base with LARGE drawers. I set the two sides atop each other, built a frame of 2x4's and bought a 6.5"chunk of kitchen countertop that was broke on one back corner of the splash. I mounted a good vice to it and filled the giant drawers. Best workbench I've ever had...

I ended up leaving it in the house in Cali because it was simply HUGE and heavy...

I'm dreaming up a 10 x 20 tool shed/shop right now... I'm adding it to the list of projects I need to do.

David

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1019111704.jpg
    1019111704.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 1019111705a.jpg
    1019111705a.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 475
  • 1019111708.jpg
    1019111708.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 515
   / Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #6  
Nice Job!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Its handy to have when i need to transport tools or my air tanks back and forth.

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #8  
You have enough room on the front to hang a small Ice Box!!!! :thumbsup:

/ Reuseing Metal Desk Drawers #9  
What did you make the top out of?

Very nice work.:thumbsup:

Be well,
David

The top is thick plywood painted