Reverse tiller rocks gonna bust up my cab

/ Reverse tiller rocks gonna bust up my cab
Thanks greenrider1 and AStanton. This sounds like exactly what I need, and as I am just heading into town, I'll get some of same.

Just had a call this morning from the US importer of the Sicma tillers, and we discussed the situation. He said it was the first he had heard of this being a problem, so I think it is more of the greenhorn effect than it is the unit. We expect that by fine tuning the level (when working), and also by lowering the feet to allow more working depth, the problem will be minimized and probably eliminated. (Both those suggestions were made to me here at TBN.) However, I'm still going ahead with the stone shield idea, too.

I guess my only real complaint is that the tiller came with no operator's manual whatsoever. I downloaded the English version of the Sicma manual, but it covers all of their models simultaneously, and while it's full of comparative specs, it doesn't get into much with regard to putting the tiller into use. I figured for this kind of coin, they could at least give me a decent manual.

P.S. The guy at the importer/distributorship runs Kubota.

/ Reverse tiller rocks gonna bust up my cab
Just had a call this morning from the US importer of the Sicma tillers, and we discussed the situation. He said it was the first he had heard of this being a problem, so I think it is more of the greenhorn effect than it is the unit. We expect that by fine tuning the level (when working), and also by lowering the feet to allow more working depth, the problem will be minimized and probably eliminated. (Both those suggestions were made to me here at TBN.)

It's really tilling now! Shortened up the top link by about 1 1/2". (It looked level before it was lowered into soil, and I did try to anticipate the change, but I was off - and when you're working alone, it's hard to tell from operator's station.) Then I went to the next lower setting hole regulating the depth.

Obviously, I'm not a font of experience and knowledge in this area, but I have NEVER seen a tiller work this well!

Special mention and thanks to John Cheatham at Unifarm for talking this through with me (on his dime), and for sending me the correct operator's manual and instructions for slip clutch adjustment, should that be necessary.:cool2: