review cub cadet 2000 series

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #1  

GreenQuality

Silver Member
Tractor
2180 CubCadet
I have a 2180 just shy of (1000 hr) .brand new last year in march of 04.used for my lawn service.I will give my love and hate for this tractor as I see it. +heavy frame+grease zerks they are every where+engine a 18 v-twin vanguard++ and the transmission+this has pulled my but up some hairy hills with out slipping+ baggs nice+ the weak point is the deck - what a pain! getting it to cutt level! blade tip speed needs to be higher! trans fluild is not cheap!! filter are! least the one's i buy!seating needs some re thinking buy cubcadet I'm 6' 4''it's made for the joe who is 5'6''had to make shift and move the seat backto where it fits me only!One thing is for sure this tractor is like a tank,I change the oil every 20 hr.transmission oil every 150 to200 hr and filter,plugs @100hr,air filter@50hr if dusty. belts changed@ 250hr. also( changed the tires front and back to 4ply) and pretty cheap deal at your local tire shop!and i wash the engine and transmission with water weekly! up keep can get costly .but it's worth is gold! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #2  
All good points GQ /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. 1000hrs in one year? Good lord, did your 2180 ever cool off! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You're a work'n maniac! The seating is tight even for me at 6', and my 2544 has the new seat mount. You are seated WAAY up high, with alittle more rearward adjustability. The steering wheel is still between my knees. I'd heard that the 42" deck could use alittle more depth & tip speed. That's one great thing about the 44" on my 2544, that sucker will mow thru anything and it still looks awesome. I dunno what the tip speed is, but the 44" roars like my neighbors skag run-behind & will shoot clippings 15' easy. Never did find an exact replacement for the 'drive system fluid plus', but like you say, MANY filter choices are out there.
G/luck
Joel

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #3  
GQ- wasn't long ago you had 500 hours on the 2180 and I thought that was a lot. Glad to see its still working under the commercial conditions you're putting it through. Tell ya, when I hear that it makes me feel even better I bought up to a 2000 series.

As you know, I had to replace my seat, that stock seat stinks. I put on the 2500 series seat last year. I agree with the deck, I love how easy it comes off, but after almost two years, I'd wish for a 44". The 42" could use a higher tip speed AND more importantly, needs to be a higher dome. What the **** were they thinking? You're cutting grass, you need room to move those clippings around. A 2 1/2" high deck on the left size is just weak. Sharpie- weren't you looking into upgrading to a 44" or 48" deck a while back? Whattever happend?

/ review cub cadet 2000 series
yes !Still looking I can't find a cub dealer who will sell me just the deck alone in the 48'' or 50'', so I'm left to look on e-bay.It does not take long to put on the hours.It would be hard for me to sell or trade in with the hr being so high.this winter I will be buying, and keep my 2180 as a back up! good to hear from ya!

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #5  
Green,

You should be using a 3000 series machine for your needs...

besides more leg room, easy deck leveling, etc I have been able to locate 2 extra decks for my 3204. It came with a 44", I located a mint 48" deck. And I recently came across another 44" in new condition.....so I'm covered head to toe with decks...

However I do see 2000 series decks often on ebay

Good luck

Duc

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( yes !Still looking I can't find a cub dealer who will sell me just the deck alone in the 48'' or 50''... )</font>

Why is that? What is the reasoning behind it? You have to buy a whole 'nother GT to get a deck /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!

Joel

/ review cub cadet 2000 series #7  
You don't have to, you can order it from the dealer or at least some of them, but what they want for a deck is absurd. Cub parts are ridiculous anyway, my new seat alone was $100. They're on eBay for $40. I would really like a 48", but it wouldn't work with my bagger. I think these larger decks that have 3 blades cut better too. The 42" isn't terrible, but my neighbor has a Craftsman 42" deck and it cuts a lot better than mine... and he always mulches. Course, its 3 or 4 inches taller than my deck too. I shouldn't complain, I used to have a Cub 38" deck, which cut beautifully but was too small. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sharpcut- do you know what you're going to get to use instead of the 2180? Zero Turn or sulky walk behind? The new Cub z-wing looks neat as well as some of their walkbehinds.