Rear Finish Mower RFM vs Rotary mower?

/ RFM vs Rotary mower? #11  
EVERYONE..

howse , king kutter, john deer, rhino, bush hog.. etc.. just to name a few..

there are dozens of manufacturers..

soundguy

/ RFM vs Rotary mower? #12  
List of Rotary Cutter Manufacturers:

Woods
Land Pride
King Kutter
Bush Hog
Rhino
Taylor Pittsburgh (Taylor-Way)
Alamo
M & W (discontinued)
Howse
Kodiak
Tennessee River Implement
Modern Mfg
Schulte
John Deere
Bush Whacker (Hall Mfg)
Degelman
Bobcat
Midwest (bankrupt)
Hawkline
Highline
Brown

Other brands have equipment made for them:

Massey Ferguson (Rhino - Alamo Group)
Case & New Holland (Modern Mfg)
McCormick (Taylor Pittsburgh Mfg)
Montana (King Kutter, Howse, Ag Meier, and maybe others)

And many distributors have their own brand:

Silver Edge (Lovett & Tharp - Georgia) made by Howse I think
Ag Maxx (ACI - Missouri)
Cimarron (Howse Equipment - sold to multiple distributors in the U.S.)

There are several others that are slipping my mind right now, but this is a fairly comprehensive list.

/ RFM vs Rotary mower?
List of Rotary Cutter Manufacturers:

Woods
Land Pride
King Kutter
Bush Hog
Rhino
Taylor Pittsburgh (Taylor-Way)
Alamo
M & W (discontinued)
Howse
Kodiak
Tennessee River Implement
Modern Mfg
Schulte
John Deere
Bush Whacker (Hall Mfg)
Degelman
Bobcat
Midwest (bankrupt)
Hawkline
Highline
Brown

Other brands have equipment made for them:

Massey Ferguson (Rhino - Alamo Group)
Case & New Holland (Modern Mfg)
McCormick (Taylor Pittsburgh Mfg)
Montana (King Kutter, Howse, Ag Meier, and maybe others)

And many distributors have their own brand:

Silver Edge (Lovett & Tharp - Georgia) made by Howse I think
Ag Maxx (ACI - Missouri)
Cimarron (Howse Equipment - sold to multiple distributors in the U.S.)

There are several others that are slipping my mind right now, but this is a fairly comprehensive list.

Thank you. It is alwayw nice to know who actually builds this stuff.

What I would really love is a RFM style rough cut mower, just for the compact design. I will have to measure, but I think a rotary cutter would havg off our trailer a fair bit. I check some websites, and no one lists a rough cut mower. Unless it is something that is not in high demand.

/ RFM vs Rotary mower? #14  
Thank you. It is alwayw nice to know who actually builds this stuff.

What I would really love is a RFM style rough cut mower, just for the compact design. I will have to measure, but I think a rotary cutter would havg off our trailer a fair bit. I check some websites, and no one lists a rough cut mower. Unless it is something that is not in high demand.

Rough cut mower is only one name that they call these types of mowers. Others would be Rotary cutter, rotary mower, and brush hog.

/ RFM vs Rotary mower? #15  
As others have indicated, rough cut and finish mowers are really designed for different tasks. Apparently the length dimension is an important criteria for you, but you've not indicated what type of cutting you would like to do. I have a Woods PRD6000 RFM that I cut several somewhat rough acres with. Although I try to keep on top of cutting when the growth is about calf high or less, I sometimes use it on considerably longer growth. I even sometimes use it on waist high although I mostly double cut under that circumstance. The areas I'm cutting are mostly grass of various types, mixed weeds, briars, etc. This choice works well for me and I work it pretty hard. It will cut small saplings, but I wouldn't routinely use it to cut anything over about 1/2"- 3/4" in diameter. If land clearing of heavy growth is your primary use I think a rough cut mower would be a better choice.

/ RFM vs Rotary mower? #16  
Rough cut mower is only one name that they call these types of mowers. Others would be Rotary cutter, rotary mower, and brush hog.

Since I couldn't edit my post anymore, I decided to quote myself, which I don't make a habit of doing.... but I just remembered that some people also call them "shredders". So... add that one to the list.

Here is a picture of what many call a rotary cutter.