Rhino tire leak

/ Rhino tire leak #21  
Tread design has much to do with the " cleaning itself out process " of a tire . Like the 589's , tread somesort like a tractor, will clean really good for the mud pushes itself out with each revolution.
Also, the " short / long " lugs will throw mud out so much better than a tire that has the same pattern ( or length ) lugs. That what made the old " CO-OP" Grip Spur tires so great in it's time. It also had soft rubber. Now, modern day, the Buckshot Mudder ( harder than grip spur) is made off the pattern of the old Grip Spur tires. The clean themselves off great to .....

Remember the old military pattern ( non-directional ) pattern on the military jeeps and duece & a half units. The rubber was very, very hard., and the lugs were the same all around, same size spurs ~~~~ the would slick over in a heartbeat, and leave you a walking ~~~~ they wouldn't pull crap !!!!

/ Rhino tire leak #22  
no what tures the chunk loose is the speed of the tire rotation. if you sit and slowley turn a mud tire the mud will stay right where it's at but if you get them turning fast enough the mud slings off. my buddy with the outlaws keeps just about 5lbs of air in them and i ran my 589's with 17lbs of air . they both shed the mud the same they would cake up if you putt putted through the mud you got stuck but if you had a good tire rotaion going the mud would fly right off. now then there is my other buddy with the 450 rhino and he had stock tires the treads was slose and no matter how fast he spun them or what air pressure he had they would cake up .

the only time air comes into play is if you run a deflated tire in themud it gives you a better foot print and a flatte one the same with rock crawlin look at thier tires and you will see alot of flexing . it's better for the tire to mold itself to the rock or close to it. so i would say with out a dought that flexing in a mud tire has nuthing to do with it cleaning out. power and lug spacing and lug dept has everything to do with it. read up in the other forums about mud tires you'll never hear anyone say their tire cleans out better because it flexes . they will say their tires clean out better because of widely spaced deep lugs . and you have to have the power to turn them to sling the mud.