Rhino tire leak

/ Rhino tire leak #11  
hey dargo on your next tire upgrade try the moto-mtc they are new and they have a someone simular look like the bighorns but these babies are bad to the bone . the tread debt is about 1"-1/2 to 2" and the ribber they are made of it hard as a rock they would probably last for a life time. i had a chance to see them up close and in person and they are one heck of a tire anyone who runs terra cross or big horns would love to have these.

http://www.efxtires.com/2009/motomtc.html

motomtcbig.jpg

/ Rhino tire leak #12  
They do look like Bighorns on steroids. They'd be a great logical progression for someone like me who loves the performance the Bighorns offer without destroying my yard like the set of Kenda K538 Executioner tires I tried. KENDA K538 Executioner Quad and ATV Tire Reviews After reading that the reviews on the Bighorns were about the same and they didn't just kill my yard I got those over the Kenda. Here's the review on Bighorns M917/M918 Bighorn Radial Quad and ATV Tire Reviews

I have a 27" set of MudLites on my Suzuki King Quad and they are pretty brutal on my yard but I've had to put tubes in each one of them due to flats. I don't know off hand what ply ratings they have, but they definitely puncture easier than the Bighorns.

/ Rhino tire leak #14  
i seen them tires on the net first then i went into the dealer where i bought my rhino and man when i seen them up close they are nice . if someone was doing yard work and trail riding with moderate muddin mabey even some gooie mudh i think these tires would be right what they lookin for. i even gave them some thought for my rhino but i think i might gie them zilla's a try but them moto mtc tires are something to check into. i don't know what kinda rubber compound they use but when i look at a tire i grab the tread and try to see how easy it is to bend and from what i read the 589's have the hardest rubber but i bent the tread on a set of 589's and then tried these and they didn't even budge. harder rubber means they will have a long wear life.

about the slime i put it in my hpx but i just keep the bottles in my storage box in the bed of my rhino i know how messy they can get i have it there for a emergency.

/ Rhino tire leak
So I'm assuming the TerraCross tires are prone to failure? Is this going to be a major pain in the rear getting ITP to get me a new tire?

/ Rhino tire leak #16  
no they are not prone to failure it's just that itp stands behind their tires and the people i talked to posted that they called itp and told them what was wrong and itp sent them a new tire. itp makes very good tire ripping a tread off can happen on any tire it's just itp is the only ones i ever heard of that will replace the tire . now if the tire is worn down and a few years old then they might not but being you got an 08 i'm assumeing the tires are 1year old or less so you should be able to get a new tire . give them a call what can it hurt?

/ Rhino tire leak #17  
yeah, they are a sharp looking tire....

i have a buddy that runs 589's on a 700 grizzly.......they flat out don't wear......he had them on his 660 grizzly (same pair).....we spent a lot of time on roads and i swear they didn't wear......now, with that said, when i was teasing about the "milk truck" the 589's are the ones that came to mind......i didn't really notice it on the 660 grizzly but the 700 (no power steering but i do think they redesigned the steering- the rest is changed) handled VERY light in the steering...almost scary.....

every setup is different......

i hardly bury an atv any more......too lazy!:D;) don't want to wrestle it out or wash it....

edit: one of our other buddies runs big horns on his 800 outlander and they wear great too.....let me tell you, he literally rides hist atv to every place we ride....it doesn't matter if it's 30 minutes away....he doesn't have a truck or trailer to haul it with.......he has been doing this for about 3 years and they are just now down past about 50%....i know the OL is a muddin' machine with enormous power, but they seem to mud well and handle well....i would assume the same with those in the pics above.....

i seen them tires on the net first then i went into the dealer where i bought my rhino and man when i seen them up close they are nice . if someone was doing yard work and trail riding with moderate muddin mabey even some gooie mudh i think these tires would be right what they lookin for. i even gave them some thought for my rhino but i think i might gie them zilla's a try but them moto mtc tires are something to check into. i don't know what kinda rubber compound they use but when i look at a tire i grab the tread and try to see how easy it is to bend and from what i read the 589's have the hardest rubber but i bent the tread on a set of 589's and then tried these and they didn't even budge. harder rubber means they will have a long wear life.

about the slime i put it in my hpx but i just keep the bottles in my storage box in the bed of my rhino i know how messy they can get i have it there for a emergency.

/ Rhino tire leak #18  
Is that MotoMTC a radial or a bias ply? With that hard of rubber, I'd be concerned if it isn't a radial...

I understand that it is the flexing of the radial sidewalls on the Bighorns that allow them to clean them mud out (sling it out) -- IF you don't have too much air pressure in them.

I'm running 10psi all the way around on my 26" Bighorns, but really don't have enough experience in gooey mud yet to know how they'll do. They've cleaned themselves quickly from just the mudholes typically encountered on trails... I bought them because I'll spend a lot of time on gravel roads, once I move to Tennessee, and they seemed to be a great all-around tire, based on the reviews. For serious mud, I'd be looking a Zillas or Mudbugs or something -- but I too am too lazy to clean the mud off if I don't have to...

On the 589's it is the flexing of the lugs that allow them to clean themselves -- if the lug were stiffer, they'd just fill up with mud and spin...

/ Rhino tire leak #19  
flexing has nuthin to do with the cleaning out . the cleaning out comes from how far apart the lugs are . the closer they are the less the tire will clean out if you notice all the great mud tires have huge gaps in between the lugs so that way the mud flys of easier. so far the best mud tire i came across is the 589 i had them on my hpx i just sold and they was just about 5 years old and had more than half the tread left and i run down the paved road alot. a buddy of mine has a 660 rhino with some 25"outlaws and they do even better than the 589's but they are a bit rougher on the ride being the lugs are so far apart.

/ Rhino tire leak #20  
flexing has nuthin to do with the cleaning out . the cleaning out comes from how far apart the lugs are . the closer they are the less the tire will clean out if you notice all the great mud tires have huge gaps in between the lugs so that way the mud flys of easier. so far the best mud tire i came across is the 589 i had them on my hpx i just sold and they was just about 5 years old and had more than half the tread left and i run down the paved road alot. a buddy of mine has a 660 rhino with some 25"outlaws and they do even better than the 589's but they are a bit rougher on the ride being the lugs are so far apart.

I'll just have to differ with you there... flexing is what turns the chunk of mud loose from the tire carcass. Either the sidewall or the lug must flex or it will stay "vacuum sealed" to the tire...

Yes, the spacing is very important, but spacing alone isn't the answer...