Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier)

/ Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier) #1  

rmonio

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4600, JD B
Hello there!

I am in the market for a good arena rake tool for my horse arena/footing. JD used to sell the Riatta (RA1108, RA1110) under the Frontier brand, but now it seems that they have dropped it and you have to buy through Riatta.

Any recommendations on Riatta and/or other rakes/arena management tools?

Thanks for your help and support! :)

-Bob

/ Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier) #3  

Attachments

• 100_0914.JPG
    100_0914.JPG
    979.2 KB · Views: 157
   / Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier)
Thanks for the input.

What are the prices for these units?

-Bob

/ Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier) #6  
I found mine for $2500 sitting on a dealer lot. No shipping cost.

I would like to see if there was a JD Dealer who still had a Riatta rake on their lot - how would one find out?

Also - regarding the Jake Rake.. can anyone who has the unit weigh in on the quality, durability, and their experience with use? Also, is the only way to see/acquire one through ordering over the web?

Thanks!

-Bob

/ Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier) #8  
I've been looking at the Kiser edge. Before that I was looking at the ABI TR3, I have other implements that can do heavier grading so it came down to just needing an arena rake so the TR3 was overkill. I like the action of the Kiser edge. Down side is the price, it is up there, for the amount of hardware you get.

Ok. I finally made connections with Riatta. They are no longer carried by Frontier (no reason given) and JD dealers can work sales with them.

That being said, the price is about the same as a TR3. I've done my research on the TR3 and find it to be a solid unit (price is high, but if Riatta is then what is the difference) and the quality/capability is more. I also have a friend who has one of their Arena Weasel units and he said the TR3 is the right way to go if you are pulling it behind the JD 4600 and will do more than just arena (which I can see it woudl be good for).

I believe I'm going to go with a TR3. Free shipping, Warranty of 3 years, 30 day guarantee, financing, and other items. Not bad. Anyone else have a TR3 out there?

-Bob

/ Riatta Arena Rakes / Tools (used to be sold by Frontier) #10  
When we built our outdoor training arena (135' x 250'), we bought one of these (the 8 foot model) as a grooming tool:
http://www.systemfence.com/category/TrackRingCond/Track-Ring-Conditioner
It works well and has considerable flexibility in adjustments (height, angle, etc.). The Canadian dollar is only about $.75 US now, so a $2KCD unit would only be $1500US. The closest/similar US unit I could find with a quick search looks to be the Triton, but there are a lot of other options/manufacturers, each with a slightly different set of features/design tweaks to get the job done. Many sites seem reluctant to announce pricing, though!
Bob