Riding mower hit

/ Riding mower hit #11  
Something I've wondered about-- if someone has an "accident", and doesn't have a method of communicating (like a cell phone), what is the recommended process to follow if there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic or houses around?

/ Riding mower hit #12  
Something I've wondered about-- if someone has an "accident", and doesn't have a method of communicating (like a cell phone), what is the recommended process to follow if there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic or houses around?

If you are leave it is almost certainly a violation of the law. If you stay I don't know of a statue that says you have to leave to get help much less actually help the victim(s).

If it was ME, I could do nothing for the victim(s) at the scene and help was not likely to arrive unless I went to call 911 then I would leave, make the call, and return. I might get dinged by the officer but given that there is a 911 recording and I returned I SHOULD not be faced with a conviction for leaving the scene of an accident. SHOULD and CONVICTION are key words. :)

This is one of those events where one has to understand that no matter what YOU do someone will d...n what you did. So YOU have to do what YOU think is right and what YOU can live with. In other words follow YOUR own CONVICTIONS and d..n the other convictions. :D

Later,
Dan