Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset)

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #31  
I disabled the RIO on my mower along with the seat switch. A lot of this stuff added on is because the company doesn’t want to sued into a coma over an injury. But I wish they would do something to make hairdryers safer, cause when I’m soaking in the bathtub and using my hairdryer at the same time I might shocked. Or a safety feature on my chainsaw when wearing cut offs and bare foot and drunk it won’t start unless I’m sober and put on proper clothing.
Your wish may come true sooner than you think. Technology is already available and only need's mandates put in place.
You face time nanny's rep,give them your serial # and answer a few questions to have them activate your car,mower or what ever deemed. BTW,if you know what's good for you,you'll wash behind them ears before you get out of the tub.

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #32  
I have a new JD X570. Backing is just a little more complicated because of the "backup button". It's really not that hard - the only bright yellow button on the dash.

Wish the X570 had a backup camera and LCD screen like on the Taco Wagon. With all the rear view mirrors and the backup camera - going in reverse is pretty safe on the Taco Wagon. At least, I haven't backed over anybody - yet.

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #33  
I have a new JD X570. Backing is just a little more complicated because of the "backup button". It's really not that hard - the only bright yellow button on the dash.

Wish the X570 had a backup camera and LCD screen like on the Taco Wagon. With all the rear view mirrors and the backup camera - going in reverse is pretty safe on the Taco Wagon. At least, I haven't backed over anybody - yet.
SO while your eyes are seeking the bright yellow button, how are you supposed to look where you are backing?

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #34  
The yellow backup button on the X570 only has to be pushed once. You do not have to keep your finger on this button. If I start to back up w/out pressing this button, the blades will shut off.

So...... press the backup button - look where you want to go - press the backup pedal.

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #35  
So, OP you are just ranting right? Asking us consumers here does no good. It is like anything where some company gets sued by some tard who hurt theirself and they change the design so as not to get sued again......

Like McDonalds making their coffee cooler because some dingas was drinking it in a car and spilled it on herself and then sued. So now we all get colder worse tasting coffee.....

Nothing new under the sun.....
Just FYI, the McDonalds thing isn't what i thought it was. The McDonald's Hot Coffee Case

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #36  
When the world invents a safer device, humanity produces a bigger idiot.

Reminds me on my Navy days when they claimed you could put a sailor in a straightjacket in a room with a stainless-steel cube. Come back in a couple of hours and the sailor would still be in the straightjacket but the cude would be bent and broken.

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #37  
The yellow backup button on the X570 only has to be pushed once. You do not have to keep your finger on this button. If I start to back up w/out pressing this button, the blades will shut off.

So...... press the backup button - look where you want to go - press the backup pedal.
Glad you are good with it. I can see though that having to push it each time when you back up can be distracting for some is all.

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #38  

Glad you are good with it. I can see though that having to push it each time when you back up can be distracting for some is all.
Does anyone believe pressing a yeller button causes operators to look back that wouldn't look back if there was no yeller button to press? That's an easy yes or no question,why dance around it?

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #39  
Does anyone believe pressing a yeller button causes operators to look back that wouldn't look back if there was no yeller button to press? That's an easy yes or no question,why dance around it?
The answer is simple , Of course it doesn't

/ Riding mower RIO (Ridiculous Idea On the Onset) #40  
Just FYI, the McDonalds thing isn't what i thought it was. The McDonald's Hot Coffee Case
Thank you!!!👍 I am at least as tired of pointing that out as people are of me doing so.
If I remember correctly, she originally approached them for help with the hospital bills. They refused so she contacted a lawyer, and the rest as they say, is history.

She never completely recovered from her burns, and some believe that was a contributing factor in her death.