Rifel Sheath Anyone?

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #11  
In all my years of farming I have never seen a coyote circle my tractor. Every once in a while I will catch a glimpse of one passing through the area but they never hung around long. I see more deer than anything, and have watched deer feed and bed around me until i stopped the tractor. I was thinking they liked my music :laughing:

Guess this might be different somewhere in the burbs where contact with people is a common thing as far as coyotes go.

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #12  
Actually Coyotes do circle tractors sometimes especially mowing or plowing tractors.. the song dog is not stupid, he knows that the tractor will kick up his next meal in the form of a field rat or rabbit better than he can. I am not saying a pack of very hungry coyotes might not think of a human as prey, but I kinda doubt one on a tractor would fall into that arena.

James K0UA
Thanks. I have never heard of that.

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #13  
Here's mine, 1/4" rings and 3/8" backbone and although it houses a Mossberg short barrel 12 ga, no reason you can't make one for a rifle. Buy a scabbard to fit your rifle then build the mount to fit the scabbard and tractor. This is my first ever welding project. See my thread with more photos in the TBN "customization" forum, it's still on the first page, titled something like "short barreled shotgun scabbard".

Nice job Nickel !

I keep a .410 on mine, its fun shooting mice while cutting the field.
Plus it sharpens the shooting skills while on the move.:D

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #14  
Here's my mini 14 on my 2210. Mostly for varmints and hogs.

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 169
   / Rifel Sheath Anyone? #15  
I just gotta say this isn't directed at anyone in particular - and keep in mind it's coming from an old guy who has never lived anyway but rural. But having lived on the land my whole life, I can't imagine shooting at critters on my own land. But things change and maybe people think differently now.
rscotty

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #16  
rScotty said:
I just gotta say this isn't directed at anyone in particular - and keep in mind it's coming from an old guy who has never lived anyway but rural. But having lived on the land my whole life, I can't imagine shooting at critters on my own land. But things change and maybe people think differently now.
rscotty

You're not alone scotty. I have squirrels which chew into my eaves and I still won't shoot them. If I can't eat it I can't bring myself to shoot it.

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #17  
Never seen a yote circle a tractor either !
I did see a wild boar hog stand on its hind feet and fend off a cow on a farm hunting from a ladderstand over crack corn.

Boone

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #18  
I keep a shotgun for water moccasins. It is a single barrel 12ga that is sawed off barrel and handle.

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #19  
I keep a shotgun for water moccasins. It is a single barrel 12ga that is sawed off barrel and handle.

Depending on load your using.
Ya might want to "duct tape" it to your hand and wrist rite before firing it. :D ;)

Boone

/ Rifel Sheath Anyone? #20  
Never seen a yote circle a tractor either !
I did see a wild boar hog stand on its hind feet and fend off a cow on a farm hunting from a ladderstand over crack corn.

Boone
Are you trying to tell us that the HOG was hungrier than the COW? How are you doing bullbreaker? How is that BOTA doing? Hope everything is going well with you and your Family.