right angle welds

/ right angle welds #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I have this 30" long 24" wide 1/4" thick metal I want to weld to a similar piece to create a right angle with the two like an "L" with a stick welder and 7018 rod.
I have these little 3.5" "right angle welding magnets" but they're too weak to hold even laying these pieces on their sides as opposed to "upright". They won't even hold enough for a few stitch welds.

I was thinking about getting a couple of those right angles,LISHUAI Strong Welding Corner Magnet, Neodymium Magnetic Holder Twin Pack - - Amazon.com then stitch weld these together until they can stand by themselves and then welding the rest of the bead.

As I do not have a welding table, anything better than what I have planned that is not expensive? (Have seen right angle clamps that cost $140-$200 but I don't want to spend $30 to get this accomplished).

/ right angle welds #2  
Are you going to weld on the inside corner or the outside?
Stand them up on end like a book open to a 90 degree angle use your existing magnets to stabilize them and get it all tacked up then weld it out.
Or just a couple of C clamps and a short piece of angle iron at each end.

/ right angle welds #3  
Hold it with a square. Tack a couple of spots. Check both sides and adjust. Put a couple of tacks on the other side. Double check for square and start welding. Do a little then a little on opposite side. Keep checking as you go in case it starts to move.

/ right angle welds #4  
Hold it with a square. Tack a couple of spots. Check both sides and adjust. Put a couple of tacks on the other side. Double check for square and start welding. Do a little then a little on opposite side. Keep checking as you go in case it starts to move.
What he said!

/ right angle welds

When you say a "square" you mean like a carpenters square?
You're correct!
Cheez I over thought this. As I'm tacking it and even if it's not perfect, I can always bend it to where I want and keep tacking it until it becomes square.

/ right angle welds
Or just a couple of C clamps and a short piece of angle iron at each end.

Or this for inside corners.
Apparently metal is not my thing.

/ right angle welds #7  
Set it up best you can and do some tacks. Hammer then to get the right angle.

/ right angle welds #9  

What he said!

What ^ they said.