Rim Guards dealers in my area- S.Carolina

/ Rim Guards dealers in my area- S.Carolina #11  
I live in Greenville, S.C. and have a much bigger tractor (M6800) Bought a cheap ($9) adapter and some antifreeze and used a small pump and did it myself. Was pretty easy and costs little. I have tube also. I don't think it gets cold enough around here to be a problem if you use some antifreeze. I used about 5 gallons per rear tire with (if I recall) about 65 gallons of water. You will need a compressor also, as you will probably pop the bead when you fill it.

/ Rim Guards dealers in my area- S.Carolina #12  
You are right it does weigh more. WWF weighs about 8.5 pounds per gallon while Rim Guard weighs 10.7 pounds per gallon. In my case it took 20 gallons per wheel or 40 gallons total. So WWF weighed in at 8.5x40=340# and cost $50 Rim Guard weighed 10.7x40=428# and would have cost over $300. Cost was $6.50 per gallon plus set up fee. I was willing to give up 88# for a $250 savings. The poser is only talking about using 24 gallons so the weight loss is only around 40#.

Chris

WOW...They are sticking it to ya @ $6.50/gal. It's close to $3.00 here.

/ Rim Guards dealers in my area- S.Carolina #13  
HCJ, ditto for me on all you said. But little warmer near Conway than where you are. Here I think everybody uses same set up.

/ Rim Guards dealers in my area- S.Carolina #14  
The local tire dealer in Big Rapids Mi said he was charging $1.90 per gallon for Rimgard. That was just last week while I was there getting a front tire repaired.