Rim swap to gain width - Hub style preventing this. Anyone figured this out?

/ Rim swap to gain width - Hub style preventing this. Anyone figured this out?
I did call Lenny and he was very nice and spent quite a bit of time with me. In short he explained that swapping sides is a bad idea mainly because each rim has the inside concaved shaped and of course this along with the tapered nuts (or bolts) is an important design that serves to put tension between the rim and the hub. (Lenny, jump in here if I got this wrong). He said to not accomplish this with a new design would likely cause the set to slowly work loose and of course end in failure if not caught early.

I also remeasured the offset. Just for the sake of the discussion, if I did swap them side to side, I would only gain 2.5" per side. Not as much as I had originally thought.

So.....the idea is on hold for now.

professional extensions seem to run about $500 a set.

Thanks guys for a great discussion. I am learning and I know others that read these threads will learn too.

Charlie

/ Rim swap to gain width - Hub style preventing this. Anyone figured this out? #12  
You can buy new rims for much less than $500.

Id love to find ones with an adjustable offset that would fit my JD3203 for less than $350 a set....

That would be 15-19.5 rims...6 bolt pattern 4.5" center hub with 6" diameter bolt circle.

Thanks. Good to know the market.