RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #31  
Re: I am at the end of my road.

Stand on your position, do as you wish....glad to have met you here..God Bless..

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

I am so sorry man. I have been going through a rough patch in life but hearing your courage through this makes me realize the need to capitalize on the positives. I hope for you there is a cure. If you dont mind me asking, what type of cancer started this and at what age? Wishing you the best.
-rich
For years I have had problems with E coli uranry infections, antibiotics would clear things up ranging from a month or two, to years. In Jan of 2010 the infection started again, my doctor gave me antibiotics that would clear things up and next month the infection was back. I looked all over the internet for reasons why, never a word about cancer.

We decided it was time to see a urologist. The urologist set me up for same day surgery to see into my bladder, he found my bladder highly irritated and a mass. He took a sample to evaluate, the next week I was back in same day surgery to have the mass removed. A week later the urologist informed me that it was a cancer. The best place to be treated was at Sloan Kettering in NYC. It turns out that slone screwed up big, big time.

They would do one test at a time and next week another test and so on. The travel was very hard on me. On one trip to Sloan I passed out in the street on my way to the bus stop, I had time to lay down and not fall. That night my friends took me to sloans ER and I spent 3 days at Sloan. That night they kept asking me if I fell and hit my head, after a while I was sick of the question, hey get the s***t out of your ears and lesion to me.

The next day the doctor assigned to my case and her students asked the same question, gerrrr. Ok I passed out because I was dehydrated, low blood pressure, iv fixed that.

I asked that being that I will be at Sloan for a few days, how about completing the tests that are pending? They were like a deer cough in bright head lights, clue less.

The surgery was on 1/7/2011, my bladder us gone and I piss into a bag. They took about 6inches of my small intestans, connected the tubes from my kidnes to one end and the other end goes through my stomic wall. try looking up urostome.
The oncologist that is treat me here at a local hospital is following sloans instructions using 5fu4, 144 ml lt over a week using a take home pump, start Monday, end Friday, less side effects and more effective.

What causes bladder cancer;

Bladder Cancer Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - Bladder Cancer Causes on eMedicineHealth

as luck would have it I get the worst kind, Squamous cell.

I can not find the site that lists the risk from most likely to least likely.

My risk was at the very bottom of the list and the worst kind to boot, related to skin cancer, but only a few drugs can be used internally, 5FU4 has a 30% chance of working.

And there we have it.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #33  

Transit, I can see how you would get frustrated with all those questions, you'd think one of them would take notes!

30%! Well like you say, there you go. Not a home run, but da% sure a base hit!

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.)

I cant say how I appreciate all your support and best wishes from the bottom of my hart.
I hope some lesions have been learned to protect your health.

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #35  

Transit, you are in my thoughts and prayers. We can hope for a treatment or something to help without taking away your precious time. The new drug announced looks hopeful and amazing. If you can get it, go for it.:thumbsup: Like Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."
Glad you are still fighting Transit. Sorry you got lost in the medical system. Very sad thing, especially in your situation. Hang in there!

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #37  

Puts life in perspective when we are faced with issues such as these. You and your family are in my thoughts...

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #39  

Transit, Dear Sir,

You've picked a quite descriptive user name. Each of us is on a journey where time will not stand still, and death waits for no man. Your story reminds us of our mortality, our fragility. Someday, one by one, we'll share the same fate. I pray each of our passings takes us to a land of glory, and with as little pain as possible.

Mr. Transit, I hope to see you in the hereafter. In the meantime, may the peace that passes understanding fill your heart, may your mind rest easy. I am grateful to you for sharing your story. We are all pulling, and praying for you and yours.

Sincerely,
Bob

/ RIP Transit (I am at the end of my road.) #40  

Transit, I've read all these posts while trying to think of the right words. I think the post by AchingBack is perfect. I hope that if I find myself in a situation such as yours, I too can face it with the same courage and grace that you are showing. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Joe