Ritchie Bros. Auction

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #1  

two_bit_score

Super Star Member
Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
Anyone ever do business with Ritchie Bros. Auction? How did it work out? Are you a regular buyer there? Any experiences to share?
1705268135692.png

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #2  
I have bought a few pieces from them. Easy, straight forward, once you have set up a Line of Credit. Business Line of Credit.

Watch out for any "This Item is Shippable" Shipping is about 2-3 times the actual Cost of Shipping

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #3  
there is a guy on youtube, Diesel Creek, he seems to live there. it's an auction house nothing more, there is a reason it's there, and you need to be smart enough to know whether it's worth it, or a rip off.

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #4  
I like that you can go to yard and run the equipment before an auction. I wouldn't buy from a RB auction unless the item is new or I had a chance to view it beforehand. If you're in the TX/OK/KS/MO area I much prefer purple wave auctions.

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction
I like that you can go to yard and run the equipment before an auction. I wouldn't buy from a RB auction unless the item is new or I had a chance to view it beforehand. If you're in the TX/OK/KS/MO area I much prefer purple wave auctions.
I’ll check them out. Thanks!

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #8  
I remember going to farm auctions when I was a kid, and RB handled a lot of them, no technology other than a microphone and notebook. I have met a couple of the people who took them into the online arena... good, smart people.

For me, if you have RB yard near you it is worthwhile. But if you have to get it shipped it isn't. Plus most of the new stuff, you can find for similar prices. Even though they claim there are no floors/reserves, it always seems that the new stuff ends up selling pretty close to retail... probably not a coincidence.

Like everything, Pre-Covid the deal were pretty good on there. My brother bought a lot of three new grapple buckets for is Bobcat for $1000CAD about 5 years ago (by accident, he thought he was buying 1). But I rarely see a good deal for new stuff. I haven't really bid on used stuff, as the yard near me rarely has anything of interest.

I believe they own Iron Planet and a few others too. They are definitely legit, but YMMV.

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction
I remember going to farm auctions when I was a kid, and RB handled a lot of them, no technology other than a microphone and notebook. I have met a couple of the people who took them into the online arena... good, smart people.

For me, if you have RB yard near you it is worthwhile. But if you have to get it shipped it isn't. Plus most of the new stuff, you can find for similar prices. Even though they claim there are no floors/reserves, it always seems that the new stuff ends up selling pretty close to retail... probably not a coincidence.

Like everything, Pre-Covid the deal were pretty good on there. My brother bought a lot of three new grapple buckets for is Bobcat for $1000CAD about 5 years ago (by accident, he thought he was buying 1). But I rarely see a good deal for new stuff. I haven't really bid on used stuff, as the yard near me rarely has anything of interest.

I believe they own Iron Planet and a few others too. They are definitely legit, but YMMV.
I appreciate that perspective.

/ Ritchie Bros. Auction #10  
A lot of auction houses with internet bidding have in-house people bidding to drive the price up, often times you will catch them and you will see the internet bid go one to many times and after going once twice three times it will drop back down to the last highest bid and while it might be seen by some to be okay, I think it's a little under-handed.