Comparison RK 37

/ RK 37 #11  
Was at the local RK today and couldn't help but look at the tractors.

RK 37 bigger tractor, same FEL backhoe package same money as Kubota L2501 tractor.

Service is done in house, evidently all the FL RK stores have this feature and no def fluid.

Just asking. Thanks

I looked at the RK website and the RK37H is listed at $22,000. I'm assuming that is not dealer list?
That tractor is similar to the L3901 and was priced to me last month for $23,770 at the Kubota Dealer.

/ RK 37 #12  
Your a nice man..

2018-02-20_6-04-03.jpg

/ RK 37 #13  
I looked at the RK website and the RK37H is listed at $22,000. I'm assuming that is not dealer list?
That tractor is similar to the L3901 and was priced to me last month for $23,770 at the Kubota Dealer.

RK does things a little different from most other brands. They don't have a list price separate from a dealer price, they just have a fixed price, what the website shows is the price, it's the same no matter where you buy it. They don't really have dealers, it's all one company.

/ RK 37
I was told somebody purchased, used one day and returned cause he wanted a hydro.

Unit looked brand new to me with exception of some scratches in the bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_20190310_141321.jpg
    IMG_20190310_141321.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 190
   / RK 37 #15  
First, I think we all understand what Jeff is talking about. Forgive us 1930, but you have made quite the post menagerie on the Buying forums of late. Instead of keeping all of this in the same discussion thread (ie “My tractor purchase”) you have 15 separate ones. The challenge with this method is it makes it difficult to track all of the discussion, read history, and ultimately help you with a purchase. That said, we will make it work and do our best.

I did not know that subframe was square stock. There are multiple instances of these mount types breaking at the weld points. I would never purchase one. That said, it doesn’t mean I would not buy a RK tractor. It just means I would not buy one with a backhoe on it. The disadvantage with the Kubota style mount is space. It does take up space in the rear of the tractor, sometimes allowing sway bars to bang into it and bend up if you arent careful. However this is easily overcome with a few bungees or similar farm ingenuity.

/ RK 37
First, I think we all understand what Jeff is talking about. Forgive us 1930, but you have made quite the post menagerie on the Buying forums of late. Instead of keeping all of this in the same discussion thread (ie “My tractor purchase”) you have 15 separate ones. The challenge with this method is it makes it difficult to track all of the discussion, read history, and ultimately help you with a purchase. That said, we will make it work and do our best.

I did not know that subframe was square stock. There are multiple instances of these mount types breaking at the weld points. I would never purchase one. That said, it doesn’t mean I would not buy a RK tractor. It just means I would not buy one with a backhoe on it. The disadvantage with the Kubota style mount is space. It does take up space in the rear of the tractor, sometimes allowing sway bars to bang into it and bend up if you arent careful. However this is easily overcome with a few bungees or similar farm ingenuity.
I'm not sure what managere means but ok. It's easy to be rude to other people on the internet, it no longer bothers me.

I did not like the subframe/backhoe deal either, I am not so much contemplating the risk of the RK tractor, I merely posted it for discussive purposes.

BTW it was square stock all the way to the front of the tractor I believe. Seemed real chinsey. I did like the tractor though overall..... I think though that even the FEL bucket was of a real thin gauge steel.

One thing I've learned is that it seems all brands of compact tractor are real close in price, that tells me they are all competing with each other in the market, that also tells me that the price actually is what it costs to build, that also tell me that if there is a reduction in cost than that reduction is most likely also in the quality of product.

I'm sticking with Kubota

/ RK 37 #17  

That is retail and includes things like loaded rear tires and other items that are typically additional charges with other brands. Since they only sell through their retail stores there is no dealer markup, nor much additional overhead involved. It lets them be very competitive on pricing. It gives us one more option to consider. Buyers may find it to be a good option or not, depending on where they live and what their needs are.

/ RK 37 #18  
That is retail and includes things like loaded rear tires and other items that are typically additional charges with other brands. Since they only sell through their retail stores there is no dealer markup, nor much additional overhead involved. It lets them be very competitive on pricing. It gives us one more option to consider. Buyers may find it to be a good option or not, depending on where they live and what their needs are.

I was making a point to 1930 statement of "RK 37 bigger tractor, same FEL backhoe package same money as Kubota L2501 tractor." The RK37 is priced similar to the L3901 and more than my L3301. I don't think Kubota's prices are that far off of Korean or Indian made tractors.

/ RK 37 #19  
............................................................One thing I've learned is that it seems all brands of compact tractor are real close in price, that tells me they are all competing with each other in the market, that also tells me that the price actually is what it costs to build, that also tell me that if there is a reduction in cost than that reduction is most likely also in the quality of product..................

No doubt that there is competition, but the price doesn't necessarily reflect the real build costs. It would be easy to believe that Manufacturer "B" would build a tractor of comparable size to a tractor made by Manufacturer "A". For the sake of discussion, the actual cost for "B" might be 75% of the "A" tractor. Certainly no bean counter who is looking out for his company would allow the tractor to be sold at 75% of the cost of Tractor "A". The hang tag on a "B" would be somewhat lower than that on an "A", but not indicative of the manufacturing costs.

/ RK 37 #20  
No doubt that there is competition, but the price doesn't necessarily reflect the real build costs. It would be easy to believe that Manufacturer "B" would build a tractor of comparable size to a tractor made by Manufacturer "A". For the sake of discussion, the actual cost for "B" might be 75% of the "A" tractor. Certainly no bean counter who is looking out for his company would allow the tractor to be sold at 75% of the cost of Tractor "A". The hang tag on a "B" would be somewhat lower than that on an "A", but not indicative of the manufacturing costs.

In some cases the selling price might actually be higher for the manufacturer with lower cost. It could be entirely possible that Kubota, for instance, has a better cost position on some of it's tractors due to volume efficiencies. At the same time they are able to command a higher price in the marketplace than most of their competition. Other manufacturers may have more cost in their machines, but have to go to market at a lower price in order to make inroads.