road register

/ road register #11  
I think you're right about the front brakes not sticking, it doesn't have any that I'm aware of.. :)

If you want to travel along the road you should learn to double-clutch when you shift so the gears don't grind. It works like this.. as you're rolling along in say, second gear, you depress the clutch and pull the shift into neutral, then release the clutch completely. Immediately (while you still have momentum) depress the clutch again and engage the next higher gear (third). Continue until you're in high gear. It works better going upward than downshifting in my experience. Before there were synchronized transmissions this is how all gear driven machines were shifted. Good luck.

Sean

Tractor trailers still don't have synchronized transmissions, and this is the way it is done. Although, with a truck.........and the speed available.......it can be done without the use of the clutch at all. And with practice, downshifting can be done without using the clutch also............even when shifting from high to low range.

Upshifting for me, was a breeze.............downshifting took a while to catch onto.

/ road register #12  
In New Hampshire we have to register our tractors to drive them on the road. SMV's are not an expectable option per state law. I registered mine, because if I travel around town occasionally, and the risk is not worth it for me. Especially if I was ever to have an accident. An unregistered vehicle can show fault, even if you are not at fault.

I would check with your local Constabulary and see how their enforcement is of farm machinery operated on public rights of way. You can also contact your local DVLA. This may be helpful: https://www.gov.uk/register-farm-vehicle

Congratulations on the new tractor!

tezzer,

I do not think any American or Canadian here can answer your question. We do not have to license(tax disc) our tractors for road use.

/ road register #13  
Tezzer, You need help from somebody local. Try the Farmer's Weekly website Farming & Agriculture News from Farmers Weekly Interactive. Register and use the forum. There are some very knowledgeable people on the site with experience of UK models of tractors. As Wolftree advised you yesterday US and Canadian people (the vast majority on this forum) cannot answer your questions.

I cannot remember the rules regarding limited road use. Check out the DVLA website, and if no luck there either contact them, or again ask on fwi - but remember you might not have the full legal answer from another farmer.

/ road register
thanks for the advice Soundguy today i jacked the back of the tractor off the ground, then tried to turn each wheel by hand i could not budge them. so i had a look at the rear wheels for the brakes. you guessed nothing there so i traced the hand brake cable and found that it was attached to a plate on or near the axle so i disconnected the foot pedal linkage on both sides. then gave the metal plates or whatever you call them a clout with the hammer on both sides of the tractor and instantly i could move both wheels. so another problem solved

/ road register #15  
I wish that we didn't have to, because a SMV is so much easier. The plate is only $12 so I can't complain too much..
tezzer,

I do not think any American or Canadian here can answer your question. We do not have to license(tax disc) our tractors for road use.

/ road register #16  
Terry,

What type of work are you going to be doing on your new tractor?

/ road register
this is the tractor on eBay 271215018722 copy and paste you will see the flail mower it came with. i have done some paddock grass cutting today with it. but after looking underneath i found that a few of the flails are missing. I am hoping to get a few jobs cutting grass. also over here we have what we call allotments where people rent small plots of land from the local council and i am hoping to get a plough and rotovator to earn a bit of money doing the allotments. this also raises another question, at the moment the tractor has got turf tires on i was hoping to get a full set of agg wheels but i have been told that i will need bigger rims that what are already on the tractor the rear ones are 13.6.16 on 12 inch rims

/ road register #18  
this is the tractor on eBay 271215018722 copy and paste you will see the flail mower it came with. i have done some paddock grass cutting today with it. but after looking underneath i found that a few of the flails are missing. I am hoping to get a few jobs cutting grass. also over here we have what we call allotments where people rent small plots of land from the local council and i am hoping to get a plough and rotovator to earn a bit of money doing the allotments. this also raises another question, at the moment the tractor has got turf tires on i was hoping to get a full set of agg wheels but i have been told that i will need bigger rims that what are already on the tractor the rear ones are 13.6.16 on 12 inch rims
You may not need to change the tires and wheels. I can pull a plow(plough), and a tiller(rotovator) will work just fine with turf tires. I have both implements.

I can also pull a middlebuster(potato plow) at full depth with my turf tires.

/ road register #19  
Great looking tractor! I have the same size rims on the front of my Iseki, and close on the rear with Ag tyres. You should be able to find some no problem for your rims, and most likely on eBay. You could certainly try without the Ag tyres first once you get the rotovator, and plough, and see how it does. Thats great that you have a cab too! What type of food are you going to try growing on the plot? You could try these guyshttp://www.allterraintyres.co.uk/index.p13.6.16hp?main_page=index&cPath=1464&zenid=57bc055383c37cb2f921297ae183a076

/ road register
i once has a kubota st30 hydro on turf tires and we get very wet winters here and i used to struggle to use a plough with it. i am growing spuds cabbage lettuce turnips collies broccoli peas beans tomatoes ect thanks for the tire link NHmitch you find stuff over here better than i can ps just got it fully insured i dont know what it is in dollars but £80 for year dose not seem to costly