Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions
Does the 9HP have a fuel pump?

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #12  
Bob do you have any ideas [/SIZE ]

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #14  
You can look at the ex27 manual and pictures at robinamerica.com

Definitely no fuel pump, just gravity fed. I retract my previous vapor lock guess. Not the same problem we have with PT 422s. Close proximity of fuel tank and carburator makes vapor lock less of an issue.

Low oil pressure shutdown sensor? Maybe that is giving you your problem?

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #15  
Oil is filled to the top and wouldn't the problem happen right away? The engine runs for 1hr - 45mins before it starts acting up

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #16  
I was thinking more that maybe the sensor was faulty. It heats up, and then triggers a shutdown. Oil sensor was optional for your engine (based upon my brief read of the manual... I am not a smallmengine expert and I did not stay at the Holiday Inn Exprsss last night).

Look at page 55 of the service manual:

http://robinamerica.com/media/manuals/129042630160998465.pdf

I am not sure how to hot wire the sensor... Either ground the wire or leave it detached and see if the engine stays running.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #17  
I was thinking more that maybe the sensor was faulty. It heats up, and then triggers a shutdown. Oil sensor was optional for your engine (based upon my brief read of the manual... I am not a smallmengine expert and I did not stay at the Holiday Inn Exprsss last night).

Look at page 55 of the service manual:

http://robinamerica.com/media/manuals/129042630160998465.pdf

I am not sure how to hot wire the sensor... Either ground the wire or leave it detached and see if the engine stays running.

Looking at the manual an open (disconnected) would fake a good oil level. However that sensor is a magnetic float triggered reed switch and I doubt it is temp sensitive, but worth a try. There is a "black box" associated with the oil sensor that could be bad...what puzzles me is the diagram shows an LED output...so what powers it? Unless it is the electric start version with a battery -If the engine isn't running it has no electric power available.
Since the engine has a solid state igntion I'm thinking a component is temp sensitive and heating up.
Next time it quits perhaps JimmyJohn could check and see if it still has spark.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #18  
i got the eh65 subaru Vtwin engine.
it runs on one cylinder i switched the coils around and it still runs bad on the same cylinder.
it keep fauling up the plug and i have the same amount of compression on both sides.
would the Igniter be bad?
would greatly aprecciate the help to find whats wrong with this engine.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions
I don't understand the term igniter. Did you swap the ignition wire with the coil? Do you have the gap set right between the coil and the rotor? Is the plug oily or black soot covered?

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #20  
the sparkplug doesnt really have the black soot on it so it isnt a oil burner.
it just has to weak of a spark on the one side and the coils are good.