Rock Bucket Questions

/ Rock Bucket Questions
Well, last week I took the plunge and plunked my money down for an Unlinited Fabrication rock bucket. picture Went the whole 9 yards and got teeth and a grapple for it. I also had them weld on 3 chain hooks, 3/8". They charged me $20 extra for that, which seems like a fair price.

Does anyone else see that the two buckets pictured are of different designs?

Anyway, shipping was an interesting issue since I need it to arrive in Grants Pass while I am there. Right now, delivery is scheduled for July 3.

I will post pictures when it comes in. Shipping weight is 1003 lbs. It is sent loose, no packing material. I doubt it is going to be hurt in transit.

From talking with them on the phone, they are a small fabrication shop.

Right now I am hoping for the best.

/ Rock Bucket Questions
Well, the Unlimited Fabrication rock bucket arrived yesterday, and it is everything I had hoped for.

This is a real beast, sturdy as they come.

I got it with teeth, and as I had hoped, back dragging over a mixture of clay/rock breaks up the clay to the point where I can sift out the rocks. Not perfectly, but well enough to come up with "free" base rock for driveway extension.

As an added bonus, it almost looks like they just added extra ribs to their root bucket and then bolted on side plates, instead of welding on a skeletonized side plate. This lets me unbolt the side plates and use it as a root grapple. A genuine two-fer, with even asking for it.

It fit the JD 110 perfectly.

The only down side is that the chain hooks they welded on weren't the ones intended for welding, they just took ones intended for the end of a chain and wlded them on, the eye is still there. A minor issue.

Attaching a few pix:

Attachments

• Bucket-as-delivered.jpg
    Bucket-as-delivered.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Rock-in-Grapple.jpg
    Rock-in-Grapple.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 164
  • First Big Rock.jpg
    First Big Rock.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 163
   / Rock Bucket Questions #73  
I like the removable side feature.

/ Rock Bucket Questions #74  
That is impressive! The metal shield to protect the cylinders is also a nice feature.