Front-End Loader Rock bucket toothbar FEL attachment ?

/ Rock bucket toothbar FEL attachment ? #11  
DDT said:
This is what I use with great success. I hope the link is right.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/49128-root-rock-bucket.html
Now that is one nice bucket, or should that one be called a sieve? Regardless what it is called, it is a nice fab job. I can think of 1000 places to use that on my place. Just curious, how long did it take to build it and how much did you put out for the materials?

Also, have you ever had any problems with rocks spreading the bottom rods apart? I couldn't see if you had anything under, between, or over them to prevent that from happening?

/ Rock bucket toothbar FEL attachment ? #12  
bcarwell said:
Glowplug,
THANX for calling this to my attention ! Even if I decide to fab rather than purchase, I understand what you're saying- best of both worlds. A wider spaced "normal" tooth bar to break everything up (scarify ?) and uproot rocks while at the same time filtering the dirt out and catching the rocks with the closer spaced grid.
Now, if this was combined with a grabber thumb on the top, I'd really have something !
And it appears if I don't need to pick up rocks, the tooth bar would act as a normal one for just breaking things up.
Actually I was thinking maybe I could make a tooth bar that bolted on my FEL bucket with teeth that were longer (to serve as a rock bucket) AND were of adjustable spacing between each tooth, so it could serve (1) with widely spaced teeth, as a normal tooth bar, and then (2) after adjusting to move the teeth closer, could serve as the rock bucket. But this design you showed me does both. Only downside obviously being it still require removing the FEL bucket. But given I've got 20 acres to do, seems it might well be worth it...
Thanks again... Something to think about. I'm even happier now I didn't waste $350 on a Tractor Supply landscape rape er.. rake which I think I would have been very unhappy with...

Bob

Bob

I don't think you'll find that you will be wasting $350. That landscape rake can serve as a finishing tool once you run through your fields with that roock bucket. They are really handy.

/ Rock bucket toothbar FEL attachment ? #13  
weldingisfun
I had some materail on hand, but had to buy used pipe and 1/4" plate. The new stuff was a loader bit and the QT. I think it was less than $300 total. It took longer cutting up all the parts thaan the welding but that took a while.
Pipes have not spread, no welds broke and it digs the the hard dirt very well.
Some times some wrong size rocks will wedge between the pipes a sledge is the only way to get them out.

/ Rock bucket toothbar FEL attachment ? #14  
You have 20 acres of rocks to clear?!?! More power to ya. Better you than me!:D