Rock Hound at work in garden

/ Rock Hound at work in garden
It picks up the rocks and lays a pretty good seed bed due to the metal tumbler type belt it uses. It doesn't "Fluff" the dirt like a harley rake does. If you rented both you could do a super job on the lawn.

Bill

/ Rock Hound at work in garden #12  
how deep does it work? do the rocks have to be exposed for it to be able to pick them up? just curious, but what is the going rate to rent one in your neck of the woods?

i've been trying to pick up by hand....so far i have 30 five gallon buckets full out of an area about 40'X80'.

-matt

/ Rock Hound at work in garden
It seems like it will pull smaller rocks from about 1-2" below the surface. What I did the first time was to disc, rock hound, disc again and rock hound again. This year I only plowed,disc then rock hound one time. It seems to get better after the first time you do it. If I had a tiller I would use it after tilling a couple of times and should work nicely. I think about $275 for 8 hrs for a Bobcat/hound if you can get it back in time. I have never rented one so I couldn't be for sure.

Bill

/ Rock Hound at work in garden #14  
i guess that is where i am stuck. i have a brand new KK II tiller that is just sitting in my barn. i haven't want to use it yet, for fear of breaking a tine or messing something else up. i've been trying to pick everything up, run through it with my rippers on my box scrape, and then start over. i'd like to get everything down to about 8-10" which is the maximum tiller working depth.

-matt

/ Rock Hound at work in garden #15  
mattellis2 said:
i guess that is where i am stuck. i have a brand new KK II tiller that is just sitting in my barn. i haven't want to use it yet, for fear of breaking a tine or messing something else up. i've been trying to pick everything up, run through it with my rippers on my box scrape, and then start over. i'd like to get everything down to about 8-10" which is the maximum tiller working depth.

-matt

Use one of these...
Landscaper

Then you are ready to use your KKII
KKII is basically bulletproof...:D

/ Rock Hound at work in garden #16  
How well will it work with sticks, and what size sticks?

Thanks!