Rock

/ Rock
That is the package I bought Robert. Our little Hardware also got them. I was going to buy a Metabo Drill but was advised of this package coming out and decided to wait for it. The fellows at the store say the Drill is excellent quality.

As for splitting rock Google has a wealth of information.

/ Rock #12  
I see, Miles supply did not have any pictures of what feathers are. I see there some info on the Micon site as to the how to. Neat, you learn something everyday.

/ Rock #13  
There is almost nothing as satisfying to me as splitting stones with feathers and wedges. I have seen it done on t.v. before, but the first stone I did, approximately 3 ft. long, really brought a smile to my face- the change in sound from a ring to a dull thud was pretty cool, another couple of taps and the split appears. We ( wife and I) had a retaining wall built from the fieldstone I had collected from our property, and I decided it would look nice to have some heavy cap stones on top, so I drilled and she did the splitting. The drilling is the hardest part, but even that was easy with the Hilti TE-76 I rented, and the splitting, a child with good aim could do. We ended up with 80 l.f. of stone 8-10'' thick x 18''x 20-24'' long. I've since split a bunch of cut granite and I'm always trying to come up with another idea so I can split some more.