Buying Advice Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc...
To Rocket Steel: I would hardly say "Everything was worked out". You cheated Geoff out of 50% of his deposit simply because you could.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #32  
Sir,

I am really not sure what we did for you to want to bash our company. Did you ever purchase a building from us? We have no record of you ever purchasing a building from us.

If you have please contact us by phone and give your order number. We will be more than happy to discuss any issue you have with our company.

We have gone above and beyond what was required by a "Written Contract" to make the customer happy. All situations are different and are addressed in that manner. The customer is fully aware that the deposit is non refundable. It is stated 3 times on the invoice which needs to be signed and sent back. He is more than happy with the outcome. The remainder of the deposit can be used for his building so he did not lose out on anything.

If you have not purchased a building why would you feel it is necessary to bash our company?

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #33  
You know, rocketsteelbuildings, if you were as reputable as you make out you are...this thread would never have happened.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #34  
Sir,

The gentleman in the original post has "never" purchased a building from us. I addressed the situation with the offer to come to the factory.

With the amount of buildings purchased from the factory we will never make 100% of all customers happy, but we will do our absolute best to always resolve any issue. You will always have a customer with buyers remorse. I think we have shown to be respectable. We were able to address a situation in a live aspect in a public forum.

I encourage you to go to our webpage on the very bottom links and click on "assembly". Once that comes up click on "certifications." We are trusted with our buildings all over the world.

When the time comes for your metal building purchase send me an email.

Thanks,

Marty

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #35  
The lesson here is if they won't respond to simple questions from the Better Business Bureau they are shady and should be avoided!

"BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from business and/or has not been able to verify information received from business."

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #36  
The lesson here is if they won't respond to simple questions from the Better Business Bureau they are shady and should be avoided!

"BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from business and/or has not been able to verify information received from business."

From the Ripoff Report:
"4) Membership in the BBB guarantees a better grade. By their own admission, membership in the Better Business Bureau improves a business' grade. Calling this a membership service is a misnomer, it more closely resembles an advertising service where "members" pay to play. ."

I've been contacted by the BBB to have my business become a member. That won't be happening. I don't believe they're as credible as people say. I pay enough to advertise in other venues. I don't feel the need to pay BBB to tell people that I'm reputable. The work does that for itself.

I wonder whatever happened to Arnold Davis and the aka businesses mentioned earlier in the thread? Is or is not Rocket connected with Centuria Steel, Aztec Steel and Olympia Steel? The whole original premise smells like an entity trying to insulate itself under multiple layers.
As I stated earlier, my only contact with this industry has been with Future Steel. The building showed up on time, no hidden costs to me. It's been up and functioning at my home since 2005.
With that being said, it still makes sense to take your time and be cautious of all written correspondence. Document all phone calls - who you spoke to, when you spoke to them and what they stated. If nothing else than for you own personal reference when questions arise in the future. You can refer back and reiterate to sales people what they've already promised and follow up on it. This whole thread makes the steel building industry look pretty sleazy. I would also agree with Marty about the person in BC putting $5k on a credit card for the deposit when they admittedly were in a financial bind. That is solely on the individual, not the person selling the building. They can't possibly know about your personal finances, nor is it their business to ask you. They have to assume that you can pay if you're ordering up.

Last edited:
   / Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #37  
Rocket is a new dealer for the factory, and it will be updated as the different locations are opened. Keep checking back.

Olympiasteelbuildings and Universal Steel Buildings in Mckees Rocks are what you can check out for now if you are looking for a BBB link.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #38  
Rocket is a new dealer for the factory, and it will be updated as the different locations are opened. Keep checking back.

Olympiasteelbuildings and Universal Steel Buildings in Mckees Rocks are what you can check out for now if you are looking for a BBB link.

So does this mean that Rocket, Olympia and Universal are all sales entities for the same manufacturer? If not, how are all of these businesses connected? It just seems pretty convoluted to me.

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #39  
Ford doesnt sell the cars from the factory. Dealers sell the material. Curvco, American Steel, Powerbuilt are all dealers for the factory just like Rocket. That is the best way to explain it.

Hopefully spending time to actually be there for "potential customers" will go a long way in earning your business in the future. If you ever have an interest in purchasing a building let me know.

Thanks,

Marty

/ Rocket Steel Buildings aka Centuria Steel Corp aka Aztec Steel, etc... #40  
That is correct. Our owner is Arnold Davis. The factory has over 20 dealers. Every factory has to have dealers to sell material. Olympia is one of the most respected I Beam manufacturers in the country. Do some research on how factories do business and you will have your questions answered.

Universal Steel Buildings Awarded TXMAS Contract To Supply Metal Buildings In Texas - Olympia Steel Buildings Weblog

I responded to the original post to clear up a few things. The original poster "has not" purchased a building from us. The "1" customer service issue has been resolved with the "customer" being 100% satisfied. I will make myself available in the future with personal emails to me regarding metal building purchases. If you need references we will supply as many needed. No company will make every customer happy you can check out McDonalds or Walmart on that. Anyone can look at the 1% wrong with anything, but looking at how much is right is important. Signing off for now.

Thanks,

Marty