Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520 #1  

johnesc

Tractor
John Deere 3520, 2210, 318
I have a 2006 JD 3530, Power Beyond, FEL, BH, Grapple. This morning I lifted the brush hog, set it where I wanted to leave it and removed it. Hooked up to the 3 point stump grinder that I've used a few times with this tractor, hopped on, moved the draft lever, it didn't lift the grinder. The arms will very slowly raise but it can stop it with my hands, lowers fine fast or slow by using the knob under the seat.
The FEL up, down, curl works fine, Grapple works fine, I attached the BH (just the hydraulics) works fine, stump grinder hydraulics work fine.
Fluid is fine, not due for hydraulic filters and oil for quite some time yet.
Why would my rock shaft suddenly stop?

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520 #2  
Was the brush hog also on 3 point or pull type? Just inquiring to see if it lifted the brush hog and not stump grinder I would lean towards something got bumped but not sure what on that model tractor.

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520 #3  
Not sure, but mentioning using the draft lever to lift may be the problem. Do you only have one lever, and calling it the draft lever?

People have different names for things, so just asking.

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520
Update, I has given up for the night, driving the tractor to the barn I noticed the arms lifting at nirmal speed Its the lever with the numbers that is used to control the height of the 3ph arms. What's the correct name?
The brush hog is 3ph.

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520
Update, I had given up for the night, driving the tractor to the barn I noticed the arms lifting at normal speed, hooked up the 1200 lbs stump grinder, lifted it as normal. Best guess is air got in the system, i found another person who lost hydraulic fluid and had to cycle the arms about 10 times to get the air out.
Its the lever with the numbers that is used to control the height of the 3ph arms. What's the correct name?
The brush hog is 3ph.
Thanks for your replies.

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520 #6  
Lever with numbers should be 3 point control. Makes me wonder if there is something slipping on the linkage where it works, quits, works again. Possibly roll pin sheared that connects linkage lever to shaft.

/ Rockshaft slow and very little lift capacity 3520 #7  
There is a difference between position control and draft control. Have you the operators manual for your tractor?