Roll over for B7800

/ Roll over for B7800 #1  

GAKubotaFan

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am thinking about getting a Kubota B7800 and am looking at a roll over. I was wanting to know what size to get. I am leaning toward a 5'. A 5' weights about 630 lbs, so weight is not an issue. Can the 7800 pull it without bogging down? If not what about a 54" or 48"? I don't want to limit the use of the implement because the tractor may not pull it. Thanks for any input.

/ Roll over for B7800 #2  
GaKubotaFan,

Okay, I'll bite and show my ignorance. What is a "roll over"?
In my mind, roll-overs and tractors don't mix very well, but obviously I'm thinking about a different "roll over".

Kelvin

/ Roll over for B7800 #3  
I believe he is talking about a roll-over box blade. I have only used one once and for my needs I just could not see the advantages. Most of the ones I have seen are near double the price of a normal box blade.

GaKubotaFan, I think the answer to your question would depend on what you plan to use the blade for. I use a 5' box blade on a B21 because it is slightly wider than the rear tires on the tractor. Most of my use has been for gravel road maintenance and it has worked fine. Now with a full load of our Georgia red clay it can bog the tractor down and I have to make more, smaller cuts. Me, I would never consider a blade that did not cover the rear tracks of the tractor and would go with the smallest one that will.

What part of Georgia do you hail from?

MarkV

/ Roll over for B7800
A roll-over is a box blade that also has rippers. It is kind of like a regular box blade except the rippers are seperate. The box rolls over to be a normal box blade or just rippers. Rippers are also know as sarifiers.

If you go to www.bushhog.com and look at their turf and landscape equipment. There is a picture of one. It may be hard to understand from the picture.

They are usually used to break new ground. I think they are good to use in rocky area's and them run a tiller throught. That way the tiller doesn't take such a beating. That is assuming you get the rocks up before tilling.

I will be using it to move grave (the box part) and break new ground. My main concern is that will the tractor pull the 5 rippers through the Georgia clay or is a smaller one better.

I live in Stockbridge.

/ Roll over for B7800 #5  
I can only share my experience with a smaller tractor and a regular box blade on our clay. It depends when you try. When the moisture content is high I can tear things up pretty good, when dry I don't think you will have much luck. The compact tractors are a little light in weight to do much with dry red clay and ground engaging implements.

Something else you may want to consider is a sub soiler. On rough clay I often us the sub soiler and then switch to the sarifiers on the box blade.

MarkV