Rolled my tractor.

/ Rolled my tractor. #1  

L98camino

Tractor
None
Hey guys. My mistake, broken leg, surgery, healing well. The tractor sat on its side on the down hill side for a week before I could get it hauled up.
My main concern now is what precautions I need to take before trying to start it (hydro lock etc).
2006 New Holland 21DA.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Dan

/ Rolled my tractor. #2  
Oh wow, good to see you weren't injured further! Get well, and I hope it was a learning experience.

/ Rolled my tractor.
Thank you I will and yes it was.
Anyone know how to find the SN for a New Holland TC21D? Trying to register with MyNewHolland.

/ Rolled my tractor. #5  
Wow, glad to hear you’re okay. Any lessons or pictures you can share?

Your sales document should have it, probably the easiest location if you’re laid up.

/ Rolled my tractor.
No seat belt, bailed off to the uphill side. Very steep slope, the roll bar and Bucket stopped it from rolling farther. It was a close call. If I had stayed on it I think my weight would have kept it rolling. Stay away from the slope is my best advice.

/ Rolled my tractor. #7  
Here is a good video about bringing a machine back to life after a roll.

/ Rolled my tractor. #10  
Hard to believe a broken leg is OK but at least you survived. That's a good thing. We pray for your quick recovery. :eek:

Probably all you lost was a little diesel. Any oil that leaked into the valve cover and combustion chambers will leak back to the oil pan if it's been sitting up right for a while. (Oil that may have leaked past the piston rings will most likely leak back.)