Roller pump 4/6/8 and type?

/ Roller pump 4/6/8 and type? #11  
The 8 roller pump will give you a more constant steady pressure than the 4 roller. You won't have the pressure spikes which will give you a more even flow rate. I only use the 8 roller pumps but I usually pick them up out of someones scrap pile and rebuild them. I always flush with water after using and like to flow some vegetable oil thru them ot keep them lubricated if they will be sitting for very long. When you take a pump apart you can see the rollers in the lobes and the close tolerances, doesn't take much rust to cause them to stick.

For your application you could probably pick a rebuild kit up and rework your pump and it should take care of your needs.

/ Roller pump 4/6/8 and type?
Thanks for the veggie oil tip. I do that with my plow to keep it from rusting.

/ Roller pump 4/6/8 and type?
ended up buying the 4 roller pump silver series for roundup use. Works better than what I was using that had more rollers, but probably was worn out. Also made sure to flush and run veggie oil through it when I was done. Thanks again for the tip .

/ Roller pump 4/6/8 and type? #14  
What do you think about using a little used Hytrans or Gear lube

/ Roller pump 4/6/8 and type? #16  
Thanks, I ended up with a Fimco three point (LG-55-3PT) and a cheap (Hypro Cast Iron 4-Roller Pump) 4 roller pump. HOpefully I can manage to keep it operating for a couple of years.