Rolling Hay

/ Rolling Hay #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Wondering if any of you guys think the Montana's are up to rolling hay? We use a Vermeer Rebel roller that is rated for 40hp. Any real world stories of folks actually using a tractor as small as the 5740 Cab for hay?
We have been talking about getting a cab tractor, keep trying to decide between deere and Mahindra but maybe we should check out the Montanas. How can you get more info on leasing?

/ Rolling Hay #2  
Montana's 5740C should be fine for a baler rated in the 40hp range. Have u had the opportunity to ck out the 5740C?
Cab has great visiblity,FM Stereo,AC/heat, fine handling tractor w/ tight turning radius. Montana did a great job when they built this tractor!
Also did you know that Montana has also come out a 70HP
Cab tractor w/ a John Deere engine!
ck www.montanatractors.com site it has recently been updated with more info and specs.
Leasing is a terrific way to purchase, little $$$ required down,
can take out for 36,48 or 60 months. All terms are at 6.9%
Hope this is helpful!
JOAT

/ Rolling Hay #3  
Sorry, no real world experience here, but, I bought my Montana 5740 with the intention of someday using it to pull a small round baler like the Vermeer Rebel. I feel it will do just fine. I am on flat ground and would not be rolling more than 50 or so acres of hay for me and some neighbors.

/ Rolling Hay #4  
I have seen the 5740 baling with a Vermeer round baler making 800 pound bales. It was on steep hills also. Worked great.

I have personally baled with the same baler using the 70hp TYM built machine with the JD engine and it was flawless.

Buck

/ Rolling Hay
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that 70 hp 70 series is wonderful! How'd they ever get deere to supply them with an engine? Is this an engine deere previously or currently uses? If so what models have they come in? That way folks can kind of see if there were any troubles with them, as if deere ever made a bad engine. I've heard a lot of good things about Montana and TYM and if they are putting a deere engine in them how could you go wrong? This looks exactly like the Mahindra 7010 cab I had been drooling over for the past few months. Are they the same? Possibly different engines? Anxiously awaitng some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Rolling Hay #6  
I think Deere's 3 cylinders are called 2.9 Powertech, and is what they use in all 3 cylinder applications, except for their new compact line of engines, and the Deere powered TYM is supposed to be discontinued this year and the new K6 tractor, which was just introduced, with Cat/Perkins engine, will replace it.
Chuck

/ Rolling Hay #7  
Looked at the website previously mentioned. Details for the 70 HP tractor did not seem available?

How about some more information?

Egon

/ Rolling Hay #9  
Ah ha Thats better.

Thank you.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Rolling Hay #10  
Egon
BTW TYM-USA is the only distributor of the TYM products in Canada. Montana will not be distributing any TYM products in Canada. If you email them they can tell you where the closest dealer is to you.
Good Luck and
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif