Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips??

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #11  
sdkubota:

Thank you for this suggestion. I had not thought of PTO extenders.

Are PTO extenders something Tractor Supply sells or does it require a more specialized vender?

Anything I need to know about PTO extenders, starting from zero ?? Sizing? Interference issues?

Tractor Supply (around here, at least) doesn't carry the extender you need.
Here's one:
Pto Adapter 1-3/8 X6 Spline Male X 1-3/8X6 Spline Female Pto Adapter

I bought this "adapter" when I bought the Pat's Easy Change for my previous tractor...works fine.The 4-5 inches it extends compensates perfectly for the 4" added length of the Pat's system. This is advice from one (me) who has personal experience.
Now, I didn't need this for all of my PTO driven implements...just a wood chipper. The cutter and RFM driveshafts had enough overlap to not require an adaptor.

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #12  
Everything I know about PTO extenders I learned from Roy. He saved me a worthless return trip because I would have bought the wrong kind. I ended up ordering one from agsupply.com since nobody carried the correct one near me. It seems like it will be a nice addition to my tractor supplies. Thanks again Roy!!!:drink:

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #13  
I have a new-old-stock 60" Bush Hog Rollover Box Blade. Good tool but more difficult to load on the 3-Pt hitch than my other implements.

If it is giving you lots of trouble, then find it guilty, build a gallows, and hang it. :)

When hanging on 3ft or so chains it can be moved around very easily.

Bruce

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips??
One fine suggestion after another.

Thank you, everyone.

jeff9366

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #15  
Well shoot, leave it attached and get another tractor for your other implements! :D

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #17  
jeff9366 said:
I have a new-old-stock 60" Bush Hog Rollover Box Blade. Good tool but more difficult to load on the 3-Pt hitch than my other implements.

Some of the factors which make attachment difficult: weight: 630 pounds, close fit implement draw pin holes/draw pins, ground settling under parked implement.

Draw pins are wiped off and newly lubricated with lithium grease before each attachment.

I can purchase a 2 ton capacity, 6" lift, hydraulic bottle jack at Walmart for $13, which should help vertical alignment, but I dislike the idea of another widget acquisition for use with a single implement.

I am hoping someone out there with a Rollover Box Blade has figured out a brilliant solution to loading same on the 3-Pt.

Mtnviewranch -- Guru of RBB's, are you out there? I wanted to PM this to you but could not attach photos.

I am 65 years old so brute force is in short supply. Tractor is a Kubota B3300SU package.

One thing I don't do is grease the pins and bushings. I use spray on graphite lube. It does not attract dirt and grime and will polish those pins making it easy to insert, no doubt if it isn't square it is hard to hook up. I hook up the closest matched pin first and. Then lift the three point hitch slightly to work it to match the other side. Top link is last. But my box blade is not as heavy as that fellow. And I am a dummy. I have no idea what you are talking about the kiss method.

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #18  
What does KISS stand for?

The KISS is an abbreviation of Keep It Stupid Simple or Keep It Simple, Stupid

Thank goodness for the Internet!!!

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips??
Where does one purchase SPRAY ON GRAPHITE LUBE ??

/ Rollover Box Blade - Difficult To Load On 3-Pt Hitch - Any tips?? #20  
I love the greased wood idea. Now you're thinking like a real rigger!