Roof carpentry

/ Roof carpentry #11  
True, but the problem comes from working in real world - the beam is not straight, tolerances add up to create some real troubles, etc. Very easy - at least for me :) - to build it in my mind, or on paper, but to make it solid there are other factors I don't take in account every time:mad:

this is certainly a very elaborate roof system , I can't say as to why would need such.... although I suppose the engineers felt as though was needed:confused: I bet the floor system is a real doozy :thumbsup:

/ Roof carpentry #12  
It looks nothing like what I do.................:eek:

/ Roof carpentry #13  
I zooomed in pretty tight trying to find a nail....did not see one....you don't think...nawwww.....they certainly wouldn't mortise all that.....would they??:confused:hmmmmm

/ Roof carpentry
I zooomed in pretty tight trying to find a nail....did not see one....you don't think...nawwww.....they certainly wouldn't mortise all that.....would they??:confused:hmmmmm

That's very likely, I tried to find info on how old the roof is, but there were no referrals to age on the internet. That means it could be hundreds years old - mortise all the way.

/ Roof carpentry #16  
That's very likely, I tried to find info on how old the roof is, but there were no referrals to age on the internet. That means it could be hundreds years old - mortise all the way.

Good Evenin Prokop,
Ive done a fair amount of mortise and tenon joints in my day, but looking at that roof with all those angles, I think I might run the other way ! ;):):D

/ Roof carpentry #17  
Reminds me of an M.C. Escher print.

Chuck

/ Roof carpentry #18  
whatever you find, got to admit that takes one heck of a craftsman to make and I'm sure that wasn't the only thing on his list to do that day.