Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak

/ Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak #51  
My concern with insulation stuffed into the ridge vent is that once it gets wet, it will remain wet and cause other issues, like rust to form.

/ Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak #52  
My concern with insulation stuffed into the ridge vent is that once it gets wet, it will remain wet and cause other issues, like rust to form.
It won't cause rust if it's only in there for a few months. Won't be any wetter than if it had snow on it all winter.

/ Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak #53  
There is supposed to be an rubber insert under the ridge cap. At least there is on my buildings. But their outbuildings and not a house. My ridge is not vented. I have no idea how they keep moisture out of a vented metal ridge.
I've seen them blow off in high wind areas.

/ Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak #55  
Seen what blow off?
Mine had foam things on the inside that blocked water. They sealed any irregular spaces during installation is what I figure.

/ Roof Ridge/Cap Wind Driven Leak #56  
Mine had foam things on the inside that blocked water. They sealed any irregular spaces during installation is what I figure.
You're saying that the foam blew out from underneath the ridge cap? If it did, you either had an inferior product or a poorly installed one. If the vent foam is installed correctly, pinched between the ridge cap and the roof, the ridge cap would have to blow off in order for the foam to blow away.