Grapple Root Grapple Types

/ Root Grapple Types #12  
It seems like many of the root grapples are lacking the most important part, teeth long enough to get down into the dirt under the roots. Many seem to have pointed teeth with gussets that come nearly to the point of the tooth. Look at www.therakeshop.com or this picture to see what I think a good rake would be. I thin hs prices are about 1100 for a 66 rake and 1650 for a rake and grapple. They look pretty tough.

Bill

Attachments

• 883162-Rake.jpg
    883162-Rake.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 264
   / Root Grapple Types #13  
rvaitor, I own a FFC BTR Grapple rake model is 10090 I think its the biggest one and weighs over a thousand lbs empty with the plumbing and everything set for my tractor it was $4095 plus the additional $795 remote valve for the additional hydraulics. It is a serious investment for a very serious job, I have used it and abused it and have barely scratched the paint. The jaws don't fully open like some of the other units but It'll pick up more then enough to make the ****-end of my M9000 leave the ground and thats with a 1000+lb box blade on the 3pt and 3000lbs of solid filled tires. I'll include their pdf brochure and a picture of mine it was a bit dirty when I took the picture. Somebody towards the end of the thread said something about the gussets welded out towards the ends of the tines on many of the models, the gusset on mine is sharpened to cut any roots you care to cut or you can push deeper and pull them up its a choice you make depending on what size root your dealing with whether you try to cut it or yank it out, without the gusset I'm sure I'd have broke or bent mine up by now even made out of 1/2" t1 hardened steel. I have no affiliation with FFC, I'm just very well satisfied with my grapple I don't believe it'll wear out before the tractor or the operator does.
Steve

Attachments

• 883247-Tractor3TBN.JPG
    883247-Tractor3TBN.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 282
   / Root Grapple Types
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It seems like many of the root grapples are lacking the most important part, teeth long enough to get down into the dirt under the roots. Many seem to have pointed teeth with gussets that come nearly to the point of the tooth. Look at www.therakeshop.com or this picture to see what I think a good rake would be. I thin hs prices are about 1100 for a 66 rake and 1650 for a rake and grapple. They look pretty tough.

Bill )</font>

I like this unit. Seems to be a combination of the scoop and push type - I guess the key is the strength of the teeth and the overall weight.