Rops and fops are overrated!

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #21  
Would not rely on being fast enough jump out of the way.

Not sure how my four post ROPS on the M59 would protect from a hit like that.

Several times been surprised by falling limbs and glad for four or six post ROPS on tractors and backhoe.

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #22  
Looking close at the video it looks to me like the limb actually fell beside the tractor on the far side? Still a good "what if" demo though.

/ Rops and fops are overrated!
I never thought there would be so many alternative ideas of what was shown to happen in the video!

Now I realize it's a feep fake and will bentaking the rops/fops off my excavator. Lol.

I did take it off one time for clearance to help my uncle set some new posts inside an old barn. Felt very exposed, couldn't imagine going in the woods to do any work like that.

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #24  
Kind of interesting that non of the old tractors we ran growing up on farms even had ROP.
Thousands of hours of operation and never an accident. But, there was a lot of heated education from dad and the foreman that helped to keep all us operators safe.
I did have a highschool friend that was killed by a tree and probably would have survived if there was ROP on his tractor.
Tractors and trees are not a good combination in my opinion.

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #25  
Kind of interesting that non of the old tractors we ran growing up on farms even had ROP.
Thousands of hours of operation and never an accident. But, there was a lot of heated education from dad and the foreman that helped to keep all us operators safe.
I did have a highschool friend that was killed by a tree and probably would have survived if there was ROP on his tractor.
Tractors and trees are not a good combination in my opinion.

I think part of it is that in the past tractor use was more specialized, and therefore limited to a smaller segment of the population. These days almost anyone could justify a subcompact if they tried hard enough, so tractors have become almost ubiquitous; people that in the past wouldn't encounter a tractor, they now own and operate them with minimal exposure.

Societal progression, or something... 🤣

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #26  
I never thought there would be so many alternative ideas of what was shown to happen in the video!

Now I realize it's a feep fake and will bentaking the rops/fops off my excavator. Lol.

I did take it off one time for clearance to help my uncle set some new posts inside an old barn. Felt very exposed, couldn't imagine going in the woods to do any work like that.

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #29  
That was a good one! Brother has a big Zero turn with the ROPs, somehow got it caught on a tree limb, big wheelie and when it hit he gave a quick push on the handles, not good. Did manage to stop before real damage though. Got to be a little careful with those things.

/ Rops and fops are overrated! #30  
I was pushing into a pile of brush one time. I didn't notice branch had come over the FEL arms and started pushing the loader joystick back, lifting the bucket, which made the branch push the joystick, which raised the buck, which pushed the joystick.... you get the idea. Brain kicked in and I pushed the reverse pedal and that stopped it. But gotta watch for that and be aware that things could happen that you don't expect.