ROPS Folding

/ ROPS Folding #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I am waiting for my B2650 to get delivered this Wednesday. I will have to fold the ROPS down in order to get it in my garage. Does anyone have any ideas on how to modify the ROPS where it folds to make it easier to raise and lower? I know from previous Kubota's, you had to unscrew the ROP bolts to fold it then screw them back in to raise it. I would be nice to have some kind of pin I could put instead to make it easier. Any idea's?

/ ROPS Folding #2  
I just bought a 2601 TLB. The ROPS is pinned.
What's different on the 2650?

/ ROPS Folding #3  
Shouldn't be any, just a pin. The only screw portion on it would be the anti rattle knobs but my tractor didn't come with them and I wouldn't use then anyways if it did.

/ ROPS Folding #4  
I have an L2501 and the foldable ROPS has threaded bolts with hair pins.

Only part of the tractor I don't like!

Have not had time to modify it to a pin style.

/ ROPS Folding #5  
My plan is to remove the welded on nut or drill it out so I can slide a pin through.

/ ROPS Folding #6  
I have an L2501 and the foldable ROPS has threaded bolts with hair pins.

Only part of the tractor I don't like!

Have not had time to modify it to a pin style.
Can you post a picture? The last L2501 I looked at had the same pins for the ROPS as my B2620.

/ ROPS Folding #7  
I replaced the oem pins on my Kubota zd mowers with AviBank style quick release ball bearing pins. They are equally effective, and convenient.

/ ROPS Folding #8  
Simple pins are as functional as the OEM threaded ones if you can put up with the rattle. I had to tap wooden shims in the yoke to silence it on my L3010. I used 1/2" scaffold pins which have a pivoting tab on the end that folds down to hold them in place. Due to the hassle, I gave up the pin idea on my newer machines and stayed with the OEM setup. Unlike the OP though, I only have to fold the ROPS when putting it up on the lift for service.

/ ROPS Folding
It will be coming today. I know my previous Kubota's had a pin with threads which is a pain to undo every time.