ROPS for NH/Ford 1920

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #1  

woodlot

Gold Member
Tractor
NH 1920 w/7308 Loader
I needs ROPS for my tractor. The only source I've been able to find is the local NH dealer for over 700 bucks. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket or other place to find a roll-bar for a 1997 Ford 1920? Thank you.

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #2  
That unit should have come standard with rops.

I just traded my 1920... but if I remember right.. the 1720 and 1920 used the same rops set.

700 bucks sounds about right for the rops setup. Occasionally you find some farm extension help for adding rops.. but that may only apply to tractors that never had them from oem.

how'd your 1920 loose it's rops?

Soundguy

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920
The prev. owner had it cut-down and welded so it would fit in his garage. So I really need only the part above the fenders (the "roll bar"). The rest of the ROPS, from the fenders down, is there. The 700 bucks is for the roll bar alone. I've also considered having the bar "fixed" by a welding company. That would only be about 100 bucks.

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #4  
I'd be hesitant to trust the 'fixed' one. I might use it.. but not anyone else.

Soundguy

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #5  
Saw a later model Ford/NH for sale on Ebay with the top of the ROPS torched off. That, I just don't understand....if its about fitting it in your shed/shop why not just undo the top bar?

I would sleeve the original I.D. with slightly smaller O.D. section tube. This would bring it back to it's maximum structural strength....I think you should tell your welder this and have your welder bend and install the new top over the sectioned stubs.

Mark

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #6  
If'n it were me I'd have a certified welder repair it. I know there are folks here that are totally against anyone touching their ROPS but working in a mill enviroment for over thirty years we use equipment repaired by and new installations built by certified welders everyday without ill effects. I see nothing wrong in using a qualified repairman to this job and saving yourself some hard earned money in the process.

/ ROPS for NH/Ford 1920 #7  
I think I'd try to investigate a burned or otherwise junked unit in a boneyard also. Also.. I ~think~ that the rops in question fits a 1720 and a 1920.. I believe that is what my rops plate on my 1920 said. That gives you two different tractors to look for when searching boneyard sites.. maybee even wengers of pa... www.wengers.com

Soundguy