ROPS for ym1510d

/ ROPS for ym1510d #1  

roxynoodle

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1510d, 1950 Farmall H
HI, I'm new to the forum, and to tractors in general. I just bought a 1510D with a FEL and being a gray market tractor it doesn't have a ROPS. I was wondering how necessary it is. I live in NW Ohio, which is as flat as Kansas so I'm not using it on much of a slope. I know a lot of people are criticizing these tractors for not having one, but older "American" tractors don't have them either. Most of the tractors being used around here are older. So far I have only used the FEL to clean stalls. Mostly I have used the tractor to mow. Any information you can give me would be welcome! Is this tractor easy to get parts for?

/ ROPS for ym1510d
HI, I'm new to the forum, and to tractors in general. I just bought a 1510D with a FEL and being a gray market tractor it doesn't have a ROPS. I was wondering how necessary it is. I live in NW Ohio, which is as flat as Kansas so I'm not using it on much of a slope. I know a lot of people are criticizing these tractors for not having one, but older "American" tractors don't have them either. Most of the tractors being used around here are older. So far I have only used the FEL to clean stalls. Mostly I have used the tractor to mow. Any information you can give me would be welcome! Is this tractor easy to get parts for?

/ ROPS for ym1510d #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is this tractor easy to get parts for? )</font>

I mean no offense, but I am curious, as I see this time and again. Why wait until after buying to ask this question?

/ ROPS for ym1510d #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is this tractor easy to get parts for? )</font>

I mean no offense, but I am curious, as I see this time and again. Why wait until after buying to ask this question?

/ ROPS for ym1510d
ignorance? Yes, you are right, I should have checked on that, but I had a limited budget and saw good things online about Yanmars and it seemed a good buy.

/ ROPS for ym1510d
ignorance? Yes, you are right, I should have checked on that, but I had a limited budget and saw good things online about Yanmars and it seemed a good buy.

/ ROPS for ym1510d #7  
I just put one on my 2000BD because of putting it off and on a trailer. When I got my tractor, I knew about ROPS, but I didn't know that it was easier than I thought to flip one. Not having one,(ROPS), doesn't seem all that critical when you live on flat land, till you read up on the subject here. Like life, there are a bunch of things you get smarter about as you go along. If you were an expert from the start, you would be a teenager.....

Jerry
2000BD

/ ROPS for ym1510d #8  
I just put one on my 2000BD because of putting it off and on a trailer. When I got my tractor, I knew about ROPS, but I didn't know that it was easier than I thought to flip one. Not having one,(ROPS), doesn't seem all that critical when you live on flat land, till you read up on the subject here. Like life, there are a bunch of things you get smarter about as you go along. If you were an expert from the start, you would be a teenager.....

Jerry
2000BD

/ ROPS for ym1510d #9  
We have a 1510D also & you are echoing my experience(s).

It appears that the aftermarket ROPS kits that are mentioned in this Forum and others I visit have not included the 1510D yet.

If anyone can explain why this is I'd like to hear the answer. I have asked the question before & didn't get a reply. Except, that is, from a specific Yanmar dealer who seemed to think that I was not supposed to complain about the lack of a ROPS kit for the 1510D.

Looking at the rear axle of the 1510D it's apparent to me that some engineering is needed to fit a ROPS to it & I'm curious to see what the result looks like & how it'll fit.

The last word I got - this from Aaron @ Hoye Tractors (Thanks Aaron!) - was sometime later this year.

FWIW - here in Central Florida, aka the slums of Dizzy World, there isn't much in the way of hills to cause a lot of tractor turn-overs. HOWEVER there is a need for a ROPS on any tractor. I'm basing this on the fact that tractors are weighty and high-centered, i.e. extremely easy to upset.

cvt

/ ROPS for ym1510d #10  
We have a 1510D also & you are echoing my experience(s).

It appears that the aftermarket ROPS kits that are mentioned in this Forum and others I visit have not included the 1510D yet.

If anyone can explain why this is I'd like to hear the answer. I have asked the question before & didn't get a reply. Except, that is, from a specific Yanmar dealer who seemed to think that I was not supposed to complain about the lack of a ROPS kit for the 1510D.

Looking at the rear axle of the 1510D it's apparent to me that some engineering is needed to fit a ROPS to it & I'm curious to see what the result looks like & how it'll fit.

The last word I got - this from Aaron @ Hoye Tractors (Thanks Aaron!) - was sometime later this year.

FWIW - here in Central Florida, aka the slums of Dizzy World, there isn't much in the way of hills to cause a lot of tractor turn-overs. HOWEVER there is a need for a ROPS on any tractor. I'm basing this on the fact that tractors are weighty and high-centered, i.e. extremely easy to upset.

cvt