ROPS on pt180

/ ROPS on pt180 #1  

cqaigy

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-422
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the board and I'm thinking about getting a PT180 and I'm wondering if anybody has talked about putting a ROPS on one?

/ ROPS on pt180 #2  
I have a PT-180 and will be calling around to different metal fabrication shops for some prices on a ROPS. The PT-180 already has the holes to install a ROPS.

/ ROPS on pt180 #3  
Power Trac does indeed sell a ROPS that will fit the PT-180. Scott told me he thought it was about $500.

/ ROPS on pt180
I wonder what guage the pipes are. Seems like it wouldn't be to hard to get somebody to bend the pipe and weld on the sheet metal. Anybody have an idea how much it weighs?

/ ROPS on pt180 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wonder what guage the pipes are. Seems like it wouldn't be to hard to get somebody to bend the pipe and weld on the sheet metal. Anybody have an idea how much it weighs? )</font>

Good Morning!

Personally, I think that the ROPS/FOPS on the PT425 is one of the best features on the machine - it is sturdy, protects me from all kinds of falling objects, will potentially save me if I tip, provides shade, and gives me a handy grab bar for when I am needing to hold onto something. For $500, I would save up and get it, unless you are extremely handy with a large bending jig, have a lot of sheet steel laying around, and have a plasma torch and a welder... and some paint.

Sincerely,

Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ROPS on pt180
and... and... and... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Well I have a welder and even know how to use it, and my brother in law and a bunch of scrap pipe and maybe even some sheat metal. I'd hate to see what new steel would cost. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now the paint hmm I wonder if i can get some free from the hazo house in town.

I don't want you to think I'm cheap but well I guess i'm cheap.

But I'm either going to save up or make one cause those things look heavy and I'd hate to find myself between it and the ground.

/ ROPS on pt180 #7  
"" I would save up and get it ""

Sometimes it is best to just spend the money and get the thing you need without resorting to do-it-yourself or "Maybe I can get some guy to build it cheaper!" !!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ROPS on pt180 #8  
One of the best practical lessons which I learned from my granddaddy seems apropos here:

"BUY RIGHT AND CRY JUST ONCE!"

'nuff said...

/ ROPS on pt180
<font color="blue">Sometimes it is best to just spend the money </font>

I'd have to agree, I much more conservative when it comes to Life or Limb. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif