ROPS Pins

/ ROPS Pins
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi...
How about welding "D" handles onto the current bolts ?
Dave... )</font>

I do have a question about that though. Does welding change the temper of the metal? Can it make it softer like regualr heating of metal can?
Cliff

/ ROPS Pins #12  
Hi...

I'd take it to a local welder/welding shop... they should know...
...and give you a price...

Dave...

/ ROPS Pins #13  
You're not bashing - there is nothing wrong with expecting good design and execution. Where I work we design & manufacture industrial equipment - we're very picky on the design end, and so are the people in manufacturing. It's an attitude - those products are a reflection on us. When that connection to the customer is broken, the quality suffers.

/ ROPS Pins #14  
I'm sure each hole is large enough for the pin and it's a matter of hole alignment. Remove the pin, loosen the bolts, wrap masking tape around the pin to make it bigger diameter, replace the pin, tighten the bolts, shim plates if needed. With tape removed, pin should fit freely.

/ ROPS Pins #15  
It's a, 1-1/2" head bolt that is also the pivot - even if the tape did center and align it, there is nothing to keep it there. The first time you folded it it would change.

/ ROPS Pins #16  
I have to push a little on the ROPS and the pin slides easily. I haven't tried readjusting those bolts, but it seems logical. I would NOT grind out the holes, as you might end up with a lot of rattles, I'd rather have tight pins...

/ ROPS Pins #17  
I drilled mine out just slightly oversized so the pin would slide in and out easily, then tacked a big flat washer with a spring behind it to keep the pressure on. That virtually eliminated the rattle.

Pete

/ ROPS Pins #18  
I hate rattles..... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

When I got my New Holland I ordered a Firebird fiberglass canopy installed on the ROPS. The canopy seemed to aggravate the vibration coming from the folding ROPS mating with the removable pins. Fortunately I keep my TC-40D housed in my pole barn and it has 10 foot overhead doors. So I immediately removed the pins and replaced them with grade 8 bolts and nuts and tightened them down hard. It immediately eliminated the excess noise and vibration coming from the folding ROPS and I'm now a happy camper.

/ ROPS Pins #19  
The BX Series have a anti rattle knob that you tighten after you put the pins in. This eliminates all rattles. My was so tight going up and down, I never had to use them. They are good to hand your hat on though..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 448964-Anti-Rattle.jpg
    448964-Anti-Rattle.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 133
   / ROPS Pins #20  
My Kioti CK20 has the same knob at each pin. It's a nice feature to have. G